Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was walking past the produce back room at Walmart, there's a sink and they chop up vegetables, NBD. Then some object fell next to me...I don't even know what it was, it was like something made out of pieces of wood, why was that there?

The sound of it hitting the ground was so loud, I believe that is what it would sound like to have a bomb go off next to you. My whole body tensed up and I went blind. I had the sensation of a bright white light and pain shooting through my entire head. That was the worst thing I've ever felt. I think that is what dying feels like. I didn't jump or have an accelerated heart beat, I was just like my soul has left my body now.

On a lighter note, I got a septum piercing and you can't tell if there is a booger hanging out of your nose because it always feels like that. It's the worst.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For a book review someone actually wrote "This just sounds like Post Structuralism regurgitated by some Neo Marxist grad school journal."

First of all those two pretentious phrases might as well mean the same thing, at least in this context. And no normal people know or care what that means, they have better things to do then go to college for political science and philosophy.

My gripe is about the concept as criticism EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THIS! thing. I get the cynical ironic detachment from endless repetition, but I just find it utterly wearisome. Why is that stimulating to essentially make fun of someone for knowing something that you know?
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

EXTREMELY ****ed off today when I went to Barnes and Noble. Mom took me on a shopping jaunt today since I still had some gift card money left and we've had a rough weekend dealing with the loss of one of our dogs. I was hoping to pick up Steven Erikson's Toll the Hounds along with Star Wars: Bloodline and Star Wars: Leia, Princess of Alderaan. I was not in the least happy to discover that the two copies of TTH that were on the Sci-Fi/Fantasy shelf looked like they had either been read and returned to the shelf or tossed around in a box without a care. I saw the same thing a few months ago when I wanted to buy TTH, Midnight Tides, and the BoneHunters - all the shelf copies looked so beat up - a TTH copy even had a huge TEAR in the front cover. I was so disgusted that I just bought other books instead. The copies of Bloodline and L,POA that I bought today had a little bit of wear, but I bought them anyway. Oddly, the copy of Clive Cussler's Havan Storm that I bought instead of TTH had no visible damage. Confused If B&N keeps letting books in beat up condition stay on the shelf, I may go entirely to Amazon for future book purchases.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sorry to hear about your dog, Alan. I'm a dog lover. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 215 of 215