Gripe of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 195, 196, 197, 198, 199, 200  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alright good sir

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 7:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
^ I have meditated on it and I've decided that it's one of those issues that I need to act on or it will haunt me later. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I just hope it doesn't blow up in my face.

Good luck!

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I had a customer today completely flip out on me today because I "rushed her" at the cash register. The manager on duty didn't care to hear what actually happened when the woman called to demand I be written up. My boss was off today, so I can only hope she'll hear my side of the story.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I've lost my recommended book list. I suppose this is a blessing, really, since I have so many (already owned) books that I have yet to read, and this list was very long. But I'm especially saddened because it had every book I've been recommended in the last five years (hence the length), a lot of which I was looking forward to (even if I can't remember the names). So, yeah.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The lawnmowers, the weed eaters and the blowers have not stopped for the last 7 hours. I am about to scream. How much grass can you possibly cut?!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote  

friends who don't write back. I know sometimes people forget but lately except for a handful of friends the rest are flaking out on writing back. Which is really annoying and also making me feel kinda lonely.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
friends who don't write back. I know sometimes people forget but lately except for a handful of friends the rest are flaking out on writing back. Which is really annoying and also making me feel kinda lonely.

I get that. My friends are incredibly inconsistent about replies to anything, just kind of spacey.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote  

Glad to know it's not just me...but it can still be so frustrating. Especially when the whole lot manage to flake out at the same time. The main thing is that, with it being summer and all, I may not run into them often to talk with them in person so if they flake out on replying to messages it's possible we might not be in touch for a week or more at a time (and when you need them to reply to messages so you can coordinate hanging out some time not hearing from them only becomes more irritating).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I've been forced to return to my retail job. I had accepted what I was told was a "teaching" position at a private preschool, only to find when I arrived for my first day that most of my duties consisted of mopping floors and washing dishes. Back to the job search.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Something awful happened. My dog, Betsy, suddenly passed away a week ago. She was fine the day before, but as the night went on, she wasn't herself but still aware. When I woke up the next day, she was gone. I lost it. In that moment, I understood Anakin Skywalker. I feel like I'm living in a dream, one second away from becoming a Dark Jedi to heal my broken heart.

Please send happy thoughts, prayers, jokes, anything my way. You guys have always been so kind. I really appreciate every one of you.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Oh damn. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's always terrible when you lose a pet. (Or at least, I'm told that. I've been trying to get Dog lost for years but he still manages to find his way back home.)

Sorry, rubbish joke but it was the best I could do. I'm so sorry for your loss.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Awwww DLW. I'm so sorry about Betsy. I remember her from the Pets thread where she looked, well dilicious really, but lets not go there.

Loosing a pet is hard, they're familiy after all. I know I suck at comforting people so I'll just say hang in there. I'd give you a hug, but hugging a monitor just looks wierd.

It's normal to feel dark at times like that. Use your aggressive feelings, girl. Let the hate flow through you.

No wait, Don't go dark. There are no cookies! I ate the last one.

@Life: And you thought your jokes were bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm so sorry for your loss, Dance. Sad

I also suck at this sort of thing, so I'll just say to stay strong. *offers hug*

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm sorry for your loss, Dance.

Grieve well, and time will heal the wound.

Do yourself a favour though and don't watch pet-themed movies for a bit (particularly the ones that end sadly, like Marley and Me). Unless you want to pour salt in the wound. But I can't in good standing recommend it.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote  

Losing a pet is always hard. Just remember the good times and hold on to those. Moments with your pets can be very precious.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 196 of 200