You Choose 08'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FatalFist wrote:
The rich take and take and give nothing back

Well, i wouldnt go that far. Rich people that develop business create jobs. And also, many rich people give to charity and start non profit organizations. Not all do this, but a lot of them do.

Also, you have to keep in mind. People, rich or poor, are not so different. The poor want to have money and do the things they want, the only difference between them and someone who is rich, is that they dont have money and a rich person does. So really i dont think its fair for the poor to call out the rich.

(and yes i know there are exceptions)

Quote:
.....plus wealth rarely trickles down, it goes off-shore......I mean isnt China producing sooo many stuff(american factories...might've been American jobs)

I believe America loses a lot of jobs to other countries because of our laws. Many times are laws are very harsh on certain companies, so of course companies go to other countries that have laws that help support business. So thats why India, Ireland, etc. They are getting our jobs. Plus look at what someone like Obama is saying. He says under his policies coal-powered factories will go bankrupt. Direct quote -

So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it's just that it will bankrupt them because they're going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that's being emitted.

Thats really irresponsible. Many jobs then get deported to China, and they make our things. And it even harms the environment. Instead of having something use coal in the USA where we have cleaner technology and regulation its deported to a country that doesnt care or have cleaner methods. Thats the way i see it anyways.

Last edited by Autobon on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well the election is this tuesday. Curious to see who wins. Obama should win as he is ahead in almost every single poll, but we will see.

At least the wait is finally over though, so thats a good thing. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quote  

Autobon wrote:
Well the election is this tuesday. Curious to see who wins. Obama should win as he is ahead in almost every single poll, but we will see.

Yeah I guess there is always the possibility of another Truman moment (you know that famous photo of him holding up a news paper with the headline that he had lost the election). Last I heard the forecast was for bad weather so I'm curious to see how that effects the election if at all.

Quote:
At least the wait is finally over though, so thats a good thing. Very Happy

And just think we get to do this again in another 4 years! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:33 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha 4 years thingy...I wish Pakitsan got that option....our leaders...''shudders'' illiterate B(beep)s...i mean our present leader is a dumb-$$...HE HAS CASES OF MURDEr AGAINST hIM>>>IM SHOCKED AT ppl for ACTUALLY VOTIng for A person like that(they steal frm the kriffing treasury!!!!!!!!!!)----Im talking about Zardari....
Usually when our leaders get elected...they dont want to call it quits EVER...they run the country for an average 11,-9-8 years///and then they get assassinated...removed forcibly/or get some deadly disease that declares them un-suitable to run as President.....
(They just dont let go--power-hungry morons the lot of them)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

. McCain supporters, please don't listen to the media, which says McCain has already lost, and decide not to waste time voting for him. Look at the polls at this very hour, and you'll see it's a close race everywhere. Ohio's a dead tie. McCain's even taken a lead in Florida. Many of the swing states are withing the 4 point margin for both candidates. If you really don't want Obama in office, you must actually vote.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, it may have seemed like I was calling you the media in that last post Autobon. I by no means meant to do that.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I work the polls, guys. Will be there tomorrow from 5:30am to 8:00pm or until the line ends. Whoever's in line at 8:00pm is allowed to vote, no matter how long it takes. Tomorrow hasn't even started yet, and there's no way we should assume that one candidate is going to win. I understand that there's early voting and everything, but the majority of this nation's voters are going to do so tomorrow. So it can't be decided until the polls are closed...period. Doesn't matter who they say is winning...your vote really does count. I have some relatives who have never voted because 'their vote doesn't count anyway'. And I've told them a million times, "And so what if 1,000,000 people said that? Then there go 1,000,000 votes. Do you really think none of them would have made a difference?" Of course...they've never listened to me despite it all, but I share that to make a point. Everybody go vote! Obama just may win, but so can McCain. We won't know until after the polls have closed.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
McCain supporters, please don't listen to the media, which says McCain has already lost

Oh believe me, i am not someone to follow the media. Which is why i got into the whole debate on the fairness doctrine. I know what you meant though. You have a really good point, especially given how past elections turned out.

Wish everyone luck, especially those in the swing states. I live in Washington which never votes republican, so i will just have to wish the best for swing state republicans.

Its you vs ACORN! Just kidding Very Happy (to a certain extent)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Tomorrow is election day I am so excited I can't wait. I'm voting for Obama so I hope he wins, sorry to McCain supporters.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Anakinlover89 wrote:
sorry to McCain supporters.

Dont be sorry. You are certainly entitled to your own opinions. Because for example, if McCain wins, i wont be sorry at all. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wink Heck, they are dead even on our forums even. What I don't get is how people could vote someone they really hardly know about (Obama), but hey, it's America-- if they want to, they can. I just hope we keep it clear as to who messed up what.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Autobon wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:
Its also not like Palin hasn't had some problems in her time in office, the recent issue of whether she abused her power for example

Her "abuse" of power has not been proven, and until it does or does not it is a non-issue.

Well. There is a reason i said that earlier. A new report from the Associated Press just came out, and it reports that Sarah Palin has been cleared from all charges on the Troopergate firing incident. Here is a quote

"A report has cleared Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin of ethics violations in the firing of her public safety commissioner....report says there is no probable cause to believe Palin or any other state official violated the Alaska Executive Ethics Act in connection with the firing"

link to story- http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D947PVBG0&show_article=1

Unfortunatly Palin had to be smeared for this in the media, and its only a day before most people vote that her name is cleared. Thats why people shouldnt say things before an actual verdict is out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:24 am Reply with quote  

I would just like to point out that while yes she may be cleared of all charges in this latest report it is overturning an earlier report that said she did violate ethics code. So the media didn't smear her completely before verdict was out, they just smeared her before a verdict finally came out that was on her side.

Yes the media did jump on it before there was a verdict, but that's politics and that's what happens when you get put in the spot light. In my opinion it is also better that the media be aware of such things and report on them than not report on it at all until a verdict is reached. It wasn't like the media did anything illegal to get this information. Moreover if we forced the media to keep quiet until a verdict was reached it would then become easier for government to have cover-ups. No it may not have worked out well for the Republicans this time but that doesn't mean it won't work out well for Republicans next time.

As I recall the media jumped all over ACORN before a verdict was reached, and that news certainly was in the Republicans favor not the Democrats. As far as I know the legal issues are still being addressed too.

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
As I recall the media jumped all over ACORN before a verdict was reached and I don't recall you (Autobon) objecting to the news media jumping all over that story.

First off, all i ever said about ACORN was "And what about the whole ACORN thing? Thousands upon thousands of fake voter registrations, and the media is not making a big deal about it." And i stand by my statement that media really didnt "jump" all over this. And you yourself agreed that they didnt jump all over it, so i dont know why your saying that now. And this ballot fraud is a proven fact. For example, from CNN

"In Lake County, Indiana, nearly half of the 5,000 registrations ACORN submitted in early October were not good"

And lets not forget Mickey Mouse who signed up and had an ACORN approved stamp on there Wink So no, something is very clearly wrong here and media should jump on it. Fake voting is really high this election. The only question now is whether or not ACORN will be charged for purposfully doing it. Or those people that got caught submitting tons of ballots, saying ACORN told them to do it. I am waiting for the verdict on that. But it is a fact that they are responsible for thousands of fake registrations, there is no question about that. The only question is if they are purposfully manipulating things. So I dont take back what i said.

Last edited by Autobon on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quote  

Autobon wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:
As I recall the media jumped all over ACORN before a verdict was reached and I don't recall you (Autobon) objecting to the news media jumping all over that story.

First off, all i ever said about ACORN was "And what about the whole ACORN thing? Thousands upon thousands of fake voter registrations, and the media is not making a big deal about it." And i stand by my statement that media really didnt "jump" all over this. And you yourself agreed that they didnt jump all over it, so i dont know why your saying that know. And this ballot fraud is a proven fact. For example, from CNN

"In Lake County, Indiana, nearly half of the 5,000 registrations ACORN submitted in early October were not good"

Well I stand corrected about the media jumping all over ACORN. I'd just like to point out that this is why I used the word "recall" in my post because I wasn't certain that I was remembering things correctly. So I was trying to account for that. Thank you for correcting me. My apologizes if I didn't come across clearly with using the word recall.

Quote:
And lets not forget Mickey Mouse who signed up and had an ACORN approved stamp on there Wink So no, something is very clearly wrong here and media should jump on it.

well we're certainly in agreement. This was one of the main reasons I brought ACORN up though because what I wanted to get at is that not all political issues are black and white (especially with scandals such as Troopergate). With ACORN Obama had ties to them and what little news there was on the issue wasn't good press for him, despite no verdict having been reached.

So how do we determine (and who determines) what is news fit to be published and when it can be published? I'll grant that our news is not a perfect system here but the only alternative I can think of is government censorship and that seems like a very bad idea. I am not accusing you of supporting government censorship, just pointing out the alternatives.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 16 of 20