EUCast Episode 53

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
EUCast Episode 53
 PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Get all of the info on EUCast Episode 53 here: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/3148

Please leave all feedback and discussion in this thread.

Also, we would like to welcome Ted (autobon) onto the show as the new EUCast co-host. Listen to the show to hear more info.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I apoligize to everyone for the terrible audio quality. I was in the the car, so I was using an mic that wasnt to great.

I wont be using that mic again, lol Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

What a great show to record! Ted is going to make an excellent addition to the EUCast team.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, in order to keep up with what's going on, I did listen to the show and some things came up that I'd thought I'd share my thoughts on

First, what a wonderful poem by Austin for me. I was in tears the whole time!.....well, actually I wasn't, but it was a laugh.

Concerning the main discussion (I think it was the main discussion), I'm under the impression Austin is fine with the choose-your-ending stories as long as there's a canon one (such as with the Episode III choose-your-ending stories) so some fans don't go around biting everyone's head off saying their one is right and all others are wrong, when it's clear everyone would be right because there is no canon ending. A canon ending may not come along, however, because the people in charge of SW don't want to offend any fans by saying they were wrong all along, and why the canon ending is vague and not detailed when it does come along.

When a big story is told that will send ripples through all of the EU (like KOTOR), I think all you need defined for canon is the large, vague part of the story and not the details (such as Revan's sex) because it won't have a big ripple. I've always liked the idea of Revan being female, but if they say it's male that's fine with me but it's not essential to the story such as does Revan defeat Malak and destory the Star Forge or use it to submit the galaxy under his/her will? That's the one detail I need to know because it ripples through the EU while the sex really wouldn't.

And for the question about where Luke gets his hand replaced, of course it's the frigate. I hate that ship so much because the Rogue Squadron games would always send it into battle, and it has terrible shields and weapons if any at all. However, if Andrew had said the Falcon, I'd give him partial credit since it was part of the frigate since it was attached Laughing

Long post, but just some of my thoughts Very Happy.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Just curious, how'd you use a microphone in the car? I mean, I know it's possible, but I'm just curious how you did it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The frigate was Mon-Cal in design, so I wasn't completely crazy...[/quote]

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Just curious, how'd you use a microphone in the car?

You know those clip-on microphones that are used to record speakers? I just clipped one of those on my shirt and drove around. It was plugged into my laptop on the passenger seat. Dont worry, it was wearing its seat belt Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, that's kind of what I was picturing. I used to use one of those microphones for my phone until I got a headset. Do you have a broadband card or something? For the internet connection, I mean. My dad used to have one for his job...that was a sweet little device. Too bad it was so expensive. Sad

Anyway, that's good, I'm glad to hear your computer was safely buckled up. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ya, I using using a mobile broadband usb thing from sprint, or whatever its called, lol.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oooh...you explained all that in the show. Heh, I hadn't listened to the whole thing until now. Smile

As for that kid getting in your car...I've done that before. I was driving my dad's truck around, which I'm not totally used to, and I parked it to go to a garage sale. He's got a white Toyota Tundra. When I went to get back in the truck, I just opened the door on a white pickup truck and climbed in. It took me a minute to realize that I was in the wrong truck. Confused

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:37 am Reply with quote  

I didn't realize OMB was a poet. Such a deep thinker too. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 1