A Business Venture

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
A Business Venture
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Where I live, there aren't any fun things for kids to do. That would include young kids to older teenagers. The only form of entertainment is the movie theater. Now, there used to be two, but one has been 'Closed for remodeling' for many months. We don't think it's ever going to reopen. Now, this theater is huge, and it even has an IMAX, the only theater anywhere around that does. So, my sisters and I have gotten all excited about renovating the place. Of course we could never do it, but we thought it would be so much fun. We proposed that we could keep the IMAX for your viewing pleasure, and transform the rest of the place into other amazing things:

1. The biggest regular screen would become a room for rock climbing (it's already tall enough).

2. The concession stand and arcade corner would stay as they are.

3. One of the smaller screens would become a coffee shop.

4. A few of the smallest screens put together would become a roller skating rink

5. Another of the smaller screens would turn into a play place for small kids

There would still be other rooms left that we have yet to design around. The theater is in a prime location right off the interstate and very near the causeway, so it should get tons of traffic. We decided we could charge one price to get in to everything, save the IMAX. You would also pay to rent your skates if you didn't have any. Now, considering there's nothing to do around where we live (within an hour or so radius), this place would be the bomb. So, to name it. We came up with (drum roll, please): Hyper Space. Very Happy

Oh, and we also considered including a small 5-10 lane bowling alley that didn't allow leagues. So anyway, we've gotten so excited about the whole thing, we just wish somebody would actually build it. Too bad it'll probably never happen. And I don't know, maybe it wouldn't catch on. Perhaps it would completely and utterly fail. But it would be so much fun...

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That would be so awesome! All it needs now is mini-golf.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah-ha! Another unclaimed room. Genius idea, Reep. We'll be sure to give you credit. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:49 am Reply with quote  

No no no no no no...STAR WARS themed mini golf. Put put your ball through the Death Star trench run. Try bouncing through the pod racer's canyon. Jump your ball over the sarlacc, around the rancor and into the Hutt's belly. Ping through the battle of Endor through the legs of AT-ST's and passed the crashed tree traps of the Ewoks. Oh, and a Hoth one with AT-AT's.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, ha...I love that spiel. Very Happy

It is a great idea, though. Will definitely keep it in mind. Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1