Mara Jade's Artwork
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
This isn't technically artwork, it's a business card. But I didn't know what else to do with it. Just wanted to preview an early version of my business card. I'm trying to get a business started removing viruses from computers. It's my area of expertise, and everyone gets them. So it seemed like a good idea. I wanted my initial business card to be interesting enough to catch people's attention, funny enough that it kept their attention, but not so comedic that it lost their attention and/or they didn't take it seriously. I thought long and hard about a name for my business, and I'm very happy with what I came up with. But I am curious as to what you think of the card itself. And I fuzzed out my name and phone number, just in case anybody was wondering. Smile

Man, if only i'd known you were big into virus removal BEFORE my desktop died. I coulda had you help me save it lol. I'll keep this business card in mind in case I need that again, and since I know to find you all I gotta do is look in a galaxy far far away hahahahaha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

@Skuldren: Yep, the name is Round 2 Virus Removal. Glad you like it! I thought it was more interesting than Uncle Bob's Computer Repair or something. Wink

@Caedus: I'm sorry! I wish I could have fixed it for you before it went down the tubes. But never fear, now you know where to go next time, before the computer triumphs. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Skuldren: Yep, the name is Round 2 Virus Removal. Glad you like it! I thought it was more interesting than Uncle Bob's Computer Repair or something. Wink

@Caedus: I'm sorry! I wish I could have fixed it for you before it went down the tubes. But never fear, now you know where to go next time, before the computer triumphs. Smile

Alas, if only I would learn to BUY my music!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Uh-oh...don't tell me you were using LimeWire. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote  

LOL, you mean Aunt Mara's Computer Repair: If we can't fix it, we'll smash it with a lightsaber!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Aunt Mara's Computer Repair: If we can't fix it, we'll smash it with a lightsaber!

Laughing Skuldren, that's priceless! I'm going to frame that and hang it over my desk. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Uh-oh...don't tell me you were using LimeWire. Confused

No, not limewire, but I used Utorrent for awhile. There has been so much new music, I couldn't help it! But that desktop is gone now, and my laptop is being cared for much better.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, okay. Well don't ever use LimeWire. It's very buggy. I've been telling my friends that for ages, and the ones that didn't listen are regretting it. FrostWire is the way to go. It's exactly the same, but without the bugs. I've been using it on several computers for years now, with no problems.

Also, be careful with torrents. You can use them, but pay close attention to what you're downloading. BitTorrent is what I use, but I can't say that it's any better than UTorrent. I've never had any problems with it, but that's not to say I never will.

So yeah, just keep your eyes and ears open. That's usually what works the best is paying attention to what you're putting on your machine. I've never had any faith in those antivirus programs. For me all they ever caused were problems.

So anyway, there's your tip(s) for the day. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Mara

Thanks! Very Happy I'd never heard of frostwire before, and I haven't downloaded a torrent in two months. I use AVG for anti-virus, but like you I don't really think they do much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, go with FrostWire, it's awesome. Smile

AVG is fine to use, but I just don't trust them. Generally they will block things you don't want blocked, and that's annoying. And for a virus remover like myself, they get very much in the way when I'm trying to clean a computer. Almost always I have to completely uninstall the antivirus program before I can continue with what I'm doing. So...I just don't use them. Not worth it in the end. But it's all a matter of preference. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have just ordered 250 business cards, and you may all have one if you so wish. Smile

When I soon get famous and make millions of dollars, maybe I'll even share some with all of my Cantina buddies. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Oooooh, I want a business card! They're so cute. But, um, you're going to become rich and famous just because of your clever business cards? That's talent. Very Happy

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sure, you may certainly have one. And thank you! They are cute, aren't they? Wink

Of course! I have amazing talent, the likes of which the world has never seen! Millions will flock to my computer services, just because of a clever business card! *ahem*

Hmm...I'm going to need a bigger office. Come to think of it, I'm going to need an office period...Confused

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

All hail Mara, Grand High Exalted Computer Expert! Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So this is not my artwork, but my sister's. Being major fans of Revan, we like searching for good pictures of him. One picture we liked quite a bit depicted him with long hair, something we rather despise. Why male Jedi must always have long hair, we will never know. So check out her editing job on the following picture. I was quite impressed, myself. Smile

Before:

After:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 3 of 5