Not Quite Holovids
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 pm Reply with quote  

Second video was good too. The way the visuals were put together also worked well with the song chosen Also kudos on not falling into the trap of the video being similar due to addressing the same character.

As an outsider to Avatar I'd have to say that Becca's was easier for me to be sympathetic to the character mainly because the song/visuals went together in a less subtle manner (it may just have been that the lyrics to the song made up for my lack of knowledge of the character). This may also be due to the fact that there seemed to be more visuals involving Azula's childhood (I presume) and it seemed like there was a slightly higher quantity of visuals where the character(s) on screen had more sympathetic expressions.

That being said Alex's video was very good, it was just I couldn't quite as easily grasp why I should feel sorry for the character. However, to me it seemed like it portrayed the psychological trauma/messed upness of the character in a bit more pronounced manner (again that may be partially due to the song choice). I would also attribute this to the fact that it seemed that the number of non-combat oriented clips featured characters with malevolent/disturbed expressions more often than it did characters with sympathetic expressions.

Looking through both videos again while there was some overlap in clips they had a good deal of variety that made them distinct and clearly by two different people showing their interpretation of the character. I'd also say it might be an interesting glimpse into the two author's personalities since they put an emphasis on slightly different aspects of the same character (based on the variations in visual selection and overall music selection).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Update:

Yahoo has quit hosting videos (of course), so I've had to once again relocate all of our fan videos and such. Just an update to let you guys know. If you find any broken links, just let me know where they are, and I'll get them fixed as soon as possible. Smile

Here're a new couple of videos that my sisters put together. For all you Avatar lovers out there, enjoy! Smile

Warning: These videos contain spoilers for the series.

Zuko - The Voice

Jet and Katara - White Horse

If you're a new Avatar fan, we have some pretty awesome videos on the previous page also dedicated to Avatar. If you like these types of things. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow!

The Who's Line clip was great! I love Colin.

And the Azula Dysturbia vid was epic!!

Here's something I was involved in. I work with a student-run TV station at my campus. This is the first episode of a completely student made show: The Game Game Show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D06eQGRm4pk

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Yoda! The Disturbia video is definitely one of my favorites that my sibs has made. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here is a film project I made with a group for one of my classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlHGOP4s8tg

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Quite interesting. Good film. It reminded me of a series of short web films made for the game Alan Wake.

Though I must show my disliking of one aspect: The fork is dropped on the floor - and she returns it WITHOUT cleaning it? Does she want him to die or something?! Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ha!!

I'll keep that in mind for my next project Wink

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice videos Mara! I like the Zuko one. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 2 of 2