Episode 17: Blue Shadow Virus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:57 pm Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 2/13 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 2/15 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: Padmé and Jar Jar are captured while searching for a secret Separatist bio-weapons lab, sparking Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka to try and save their friends and halt the release of a deadly virus.

Featured Characters: Padmé Amidala; Jar Jar Binks; Anakin Skywalker; Ahsoka Tano; Obi-Wan Kenobi; Dr. Nuvo Vindi
Featured Locations: Naboo

Note this is a two part story arc with "Mystery of a Thousand Moons."

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote  

Interesting episode. Jar Jar wasn't too annoying, however the Sep scientist was. The whole "Ya ya ya" laugh was terrible. Plus his character was pretty shallow. I mean, why would the Seps fund a scientist who wants to end the war by killing everyone?

Second gripe, the miraculous cure for the Blue Shadow Virus just happens to show up on the holonet as having a cure on the planet Iego. How convenient. And even worse, it's on Iego, a planet that was suppose to be mythical and mysterious and yet it's convenient on the star charts.

Regardless, I did like seeing the big tick creatures again. They're kind of cute. I thought the female Gungan was rendered well, though her voice was a little off.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Funny thing about the Gungan "shepherder" lady, her voice mannerisms sounded a lot like Jar-Jar's. I have come up with a thoery though; it is a regional "accent", sort of like a country twang or nor-easter stretching of vowels!
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just watched it last night. While I don't remember the Iego part, I agree that would be kind of borked.

Concerning the scientist,
I liked having a megalomaniac for a villian (though, yes, his laughing really irked me). I found the fact that the Seps funded him a bit weird as well... unless he found some Sep droids and re-programed them to do his bidding. I don't recall anyone actually saying he was Seperatist-paid.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1