Episode 18: Mystery of a Thousand Moons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:05 pm Reply with quote  

Airs: Friday 2/13 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P, Sunday 2/15 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM E/P
Summary: The fatal Blue Shadow Virus menace is still at large, infecting Ahsoka, Padmé, and many clone troopers -- and giving Anakin and Obi-Wan just 48 hours to find the antidote on a mysterious planet from which no visitor has returned.

Featured Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Padmé Amidala, Ahsoka Tano, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Captain Typho, Dr. Nuvo Vindi, Jaybo Hood, Jar Jar Binks, Amit Noloff, and Angel
Featured Locations: Naboo, Iego

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 am Reply with quote  

Two gripes with this episode. Number one: the demons of Iego are replace by a Sep laser grid. This is just plain stupid. They actually showed one of the angels, so why take away the demons? The whole idea of Iego was that the angels lured in space captains and the demons kept them prisoner. By doing things they way they did them, they ruined the whole mythos of the place. It was dumb.

Number two: when Anakin and Obi-Wan return with the root, it magically cures the bunker full of the virus and those infected. Magically. What does this mean? Somehow Obi-Wan and Anakin were able to open the bunker without the fumes getting out. Then they were able to turn the root into the serum so they could cure everyone infected. (however I'm not completely sure they were cured when they got pulled out, they certainly looked better but who knows) And the virus doesn't seem to be very contagious as there was no quarantine of the victims or their clothing. The wrap up just seemed sloppy.

All that to the side, I liked the boy on Iego and how he reprogrammed the Sep droids to serve him. His voice acting was well done and he had good dialog. I also like the effects they did on Ahsoka and Padme to make them look sick. Plus I got a laugh when Jar Jar was running around for his helmet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Not to bad, but I agree, Skuldren, with all your points. It was weird when the angel showed up and there was no emphasis. You'd think Anakin, hearing stories about them since he was little, would have at least looked surprised.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1