Another Trilogy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should There Be Another Star Wars Trilogy?
No way!
38%
 38%  [ 19 ]
Of course!
52%
 52%  [ 26 ]
I don't care either way....
10%
 10%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 50

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah I wanted one. If they had a group to watch continuity I'd be for it.

But now all I think of is WHAT WILL BE TOSSED?

I've said it before and I'm not sure if it would be the same but still:

Star Trek's storylines became a lot better after Gene Rodenberry was out of the picture.

As with ST- when one person has all the control the stories are good, but the scope is small- we see lots of good stories for an episode, but for stories that cross seasons, they were weak. But when GR was gone we had series that from start to finish that had a long term arc.

Look at cannon- once GLs gone- we will have a cannon that is solid- not as fluid like we have now- why because it's GLs sandbox.

I think of it like a corporation no one's going to tell the boss what he's doing is bad for business. SW fans have felt left behind- I say this for the Movie gen- the EU gen is hitting something like they had- I recall some fans dropping interest, but the powers don't care- they get new blood- this cycles continuing- sooner or later the new gen coming in is going to say "this is lame" and then SW will have no big fans.

This is my great fear Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

But you know how it works- he'd step aside nothing would change and we'd all be "Bring back George"

But for me it gets back to continuity- I had thought that this was becoming more and more important, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

When the live action is over I guess I'll really see how SW was meant to be.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Star Trek's storylines became a lot better after Gene Rodenberry was out of the picture.

Then please explain the new Trek movie... Confused

Yes, I'm a closet Trekkie. But so is George Lucas, so I got nothing to hide! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*gasp* Ban him from the forums! Very Happy Just kidding, Joe. As as previously been said, my mom's a Trekkie. But she's also the one who introduced me to SW, so I guess I have to be grateful. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, and without Trek there would be no Star Wars.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*gasps again* The blasphemy! George would have still prevailed! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
*gasps again* The blasphemy! George would have still prevailed! Wink

But remember that he got alot of his inspiration from Trek... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*covers ears, sings to self* I can't hear you and your blasphemous claims! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I recall some fans dropping interest, but the powers don't care- they get new blood- this cycles continuing- sooner or later the new gen coming in is going to say "this is lame" and then SW will have no big fans.

I have never thought of it this way before. You know, you could be totally right, maybe the new gen isnt as devoted. Maybe Star Wars is just another show like spongebob to them, so it gets high ratings, but then they will lose interest much quicker then OT fans.

Becuause I believe the OT had a MUCH bigger impact on society back when it came out, as opposed TCW or even the prequels for that matter.

Good points, thanks. A whole new way of thinking about the direction Star Wars is headed in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Joe wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:

Then please explain the new Trek movie... Confused

I can't unless they decide to fix the timeline by the end of the new franchise- which they can do since future spock is still around and melded with this timeline's Kirk so he knows what SHOULD be.

(Dad's the Trekie- I had to record them while he did the Graveyards so by default. I went Star Wars to rebel Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Autobon wrote:

I have never thought of it this way before. You know, you could be totally right, maybe the new gen isnt as devoted. Maybe Star Wars is just another show like spongebob to them, so it gets high ratings, but then they will lose interest much quicker then OT fans.

Becuause I believe the OT had a MUCH bigger impact on society back when it came out, as opposed TCW or even the prequels for that matter.

Good points, thanks. A whole new way of thinking about the direction Star Wars is headed in.

I don't know about everyone here- I'm 30 now- don't feel it-but remeber getting online at 20 and seeing alot of older fans- 30-50 then. I don't see many around if at all anymore- and most that I was emailing were getting sic of the continuity issues as it was. I stuck it out- (like I always will- I tend to speak up for the disenfranchised which can lead to aches in my hind end that I could have avoided by staying quite Laughing)

I do enjoy a GOOD retcon.

Large part because THEY WERE looking at stopping and fixing all these- now it feels like all that work be damned we can do it again.

Ok- but it better be NINE HELLS OF A GOOD retcon Laughing

I fear though that things could go south of cheese- I don't know if it's due to GL's directing or Dave Filoni (Whatever I don't know the full detail- which probably adds to my paranoia Laughing)

Same song here- please bring all sort of new things. Just don't kill of planets or backgrounds- bending is ok, breaking - hey it hurts.

But anway- I see less and less of the Old School - and now I feel Old School Laughing But after a while people will start to tune out.

I mean I love wolverine- but there are so many different story arcs and very few are tied together. When this happens to SW- when I can look at my book collection and see more of the The Lost city of the Jedi or Galaxy of Fear series that I know have very little to do with what "IS" Star Wars anymore- I think even I'll be like "What's the point"

THAT'S SCARY!

(to me :D)

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
As as previously been said, my mom's a Trekkie. But she's also the one who introduced me to SW, so I guess I have to be grateful. Smile

Haha that's funny cause my dad's mom was the one who had me watch Star Wars the first time- hmmm maybe grandma was doing it to tick him off......... Rolling Eyes

This is my VERY Catholic Grandma Laughing She's got a Dark Side after all!

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, I enjoy EU retcons too. But not unnecessary ones such as the de-bunking Ryloth and Mandalore. I really want to see a story/movie about a young Han Solo, that retcons his current history.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Joe wrote:
Yea, I enjoy EU retcons too. But not unnecessary ones such as the de-bunking Ryloth and Mandalore.

Yeah those to me are "Broken Retcons" ones that just didn't work. How hard would it have been to make these things different planets? I can see an extra planet not mentioned being less of a deal then completely changing the planets rotation?

Jedi Joe wrote:
. I really want to see a story/movie about a young Han Solo, that retcons his current history.

THAT WOULD be sick. But as it stands there is no way to maintain continuity as I see it without a different system.

I really need to watch the show from start to end and see how bad it realy is (continuity wise)

The story can rock but if it doesn't fit with over half of what's already written - I'll personally end up dismissing it from my personal cannon..

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For all the reasons and concerns I've seen noted here, that is exactly why I feel I would only want movies if they would be based on the existing EU novels.

I don't think GL would ever agree to that, so I am happy to continue with books and comics. Hopefully the live action show will be good, although I'd prefer it to be set in the Yuzhon Vong war.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 4 of 12