Michael Jackson

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Jackson
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kay, since it was mentioned I'll go ahead and start a thread. I was very surprised he died! I don't know, but it just seemed that MJ was somebody always talked about on the news, somebody that was always around. To say that he died...it was unreal. Not that I'm this adoring fan or anything, but I suppose I just realized how celebrities simply seem invincible. They're icons that will always be around. They're not meant to die! And I found myself actually sad at his death.

As I said, I had no great love for him or anything, but I had a few friends laughing about his death. They were saying they were glad he was gone, that he was 'the creepiest man on Earth', and it bothered me, a lot. We should never laugh about anybody's death, ever. They were riding in my car at the time, and I said that the next person who laughed about Michael Jackson's death could get out and walk. It was so disrespectful! Needless to say, they got quiet. But I don't think they ever saw my point. I mean certainly the man had mental problems, but I honestly believe it was the fame that did it to him. So can we laugh at him because overpopularity messed with his head?

Anyway, he was an amazing entertainer. I think Thriller was the best music video ever made, period. To this day it's awesome to watch! And could the man dance? My gosh. That moonwalk thing still bugs me, cause I never could figure out how he did it! I actually had the Michael Jackson Moonwalker game for Sega Genesis, but sold it. Now I noticed that they're selling on eBay for over $200. Neutral

So yeah, I'm sad he died. And I hope he finds peace in death, I really do.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

From what I hear, the mental issue could have come from a poor childhood. I was told that there's a possibility that Michael's father beat the kids. So...that could have a major effect . However, that's just what someone told me; does anyone know if that's true?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Remember also that he was on the spotlight since he was 6 years old, so he didn't have a normal childhood.

I'm sad, because I feel bad for him. He didn't live a normal life, sending him to be lonely and depressed.

My prayers go with his family, and I wish he is in a better place now.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have family members who were greatly shocked at his death, especially since they've been fans of him since he started way back at 6. He did have a troubling childhood and did some odd things with his life, and my thoughts go out to his family too (one brother saying he found out about Jackson's death from his child saying the news is saying "Uncle Mike" died; that's a terrible way to receive news like that). Nevertheless, he was a great entertainer (as all 50 concerts set in London were sold out even before the were started) and knowing that he was trying to make a comeback is sad news. He will be missed but his music will always be around Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know if anyone remembers reading about this, but doctors gave him less than a year to live like 4 or 5 months ago. The things he did to his skin had reached more internal and he was actually in the process of dying. It wasn't supposed to be this soon, but he DID have notice of his death.

And I have to say that I like his music but I'm not a fan of the man himself. A lot of overworked child stars grow up just fine, but Jackson (even if he wasn't a child molester) was a hinderance to himself AND his family. Even if you never had a chance to be a kid and you want your chance that's fine, but when you have one of your own you lose that option and have to grow the heck up. Jackson didn't and rightly he should've lost his kids for it. Seeing his celebrity status I understand why he didn't, but still. I don't know, Beat It, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, it'll all live on but his loss should feel like a release for him, not something to be sad about.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That claim about him being mortally ill was just a rumour spread by some guy writing an unofficial biography of him. If he would have been mortally ill, it would have been found out in the medical tests done by doctors working for the company that organized the planned concerts in London, and the company would have never signed a contracted with him.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1