Facebook fan pages

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Facebook fan pages
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

( INT. HALL: a dark empty hall with a spotlight from above illuminating a perfect circle in the center of the room. Off in the distance we see the light from a DOOR cast into the room with a shadowy silhouette grow bigger as the figure walks into the room. We watch as the light from DOOR get smaller as it closes but we HEAR footsteps of the figure walking toward the light.

The figure walks into the light to reveal UNCLE KAL holding a SOAPBOX. We watch as he bends over and places it in the center of the lit circle when he then steps atop it. Kal <CLEARS> )

Hello all,

As you can probably see, I am a "quite" member here in EU Forms and I really don't ask for much. Topics that have participated in involved life (which I have sooooo much more to say on this topic esp. of late), toy collecting, book reviews (I still owe the site my review of OutBoaund Flight - it is coming) and co-host of the We Talk Clones with Stephen.

But tonight I bring to the table in this forum another topic. I am a member of the Animation Research Library fan page on Facebook and the page needs your help, and quite possibly the EUCast and Dave Filoni fan pages as well.

From what I have heard, to keep a fan page viable on Facebook you need to have a fan base of 1000 people. The ARL ( Animation Research Library for short ) has around 200, EUCast has 42 and Dave Faloni has 487. I am asking that we spread the word to help these pages. If you have not friended the EUCast or Dave Filoni - do it now. And would you be so kind as to add the ARL to your fan pages as well. Spread the word far and wide, get your friends, neighbors, college friends, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, uncles, dogs, cats (okay - the dog and cat thing was a joke - I know that they do not have thumbs) and who ever else you know ( or don't but can talk someone into it) to sign up for these pages. Lets keep these communities growing and thriving.

Lets get these pages moving!! Onward and upward!!

Thank you all for your time!!

( We watch as Uncle Kal steps off the SOAPBOX, picks it up and exits STAGE LEFT ) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Heh, heh. Poor Kal. Of course we'll help you out! I don't have a Facebook page, but I know people I can ask to join. So I will certainly do my best to persuade them to add you guys. Good luck on the recruiting! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Thanks MJ :-)
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

But it is for the other sites as well. The EUCast needs more people - let's try to catch them up to Dave Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote  

I think I'm already friends with Dave and EU Cast. Tell me more about these animation guys.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Animation Guys.....
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hey Darth, this is the rundown form the fan page on Facebook:

"Entrusted to conserve and protect the artistic heritage of Walt Disney Animation Studios, and to ensure the ability of the Walt Disney Company to utilize the collection, "in-house," as a creative resource."

or follow this link:

http://oscartour.animationblogspot.com/2009/02/20/oscar-showcase-tour-09-animation-resource-library-gallery/

The short of it is, this is where I work. If you saw what I see on a daily basis - this place is so cool. On the link above, I happen to be in one of the pictures, the dark room with the giant scanner. You can't see me but I'm running the machine.

Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*waves at invisible Kal* Whoa, Kal, that's awesome! So that's where you work, eh? Not bad, not bad. So ya'll really collect the original Disney artwork? That's amazing! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1