Dark Age of the Republic: Knight Errant, novel+comic series

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which are you more excited for?
Knights Errant: Novel
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Knights Errant: Comics
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Dark Age of the Republic: Knight Errant, novel+comic series
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Knight Errant by John Jackson Miller is the latest project brought to us by the combined powers of Dark Horse and Del Rey.

The Novel will have the characters from the comic series. The comic is set 1000 Before TPM

Here check it out:

Coming off the heels of penning the breakout hit Mass Effect: Redemption and the gripping finale of Knights of the Old Republic, writer John Jackson Miller introduces us to Kerra Holt, a young Jedi who’s about to realize that her role in the galaxy is far more important, and vastly different, than she could have ever imagined.

Set one thousand years before Episode I, in a time referred to as the “Dark Age of the Republic,” this story takes place in an era when the Sith were legion and the Republic was strained to the breaking point, leaving large swaths of the galaxy with no one to turn to. This pivotal time in the history of Star Wars has been largely unexplored, until now.

Additionally, for the first time ever, the writer of this new comics series will also be authoring a novel for Del Rey Books, set in the same era and involving the same cast of characters in an all-new adventure. It’s going to be a unique event for Star Wars, and one that will give fans a whole new perspective on the galaxy.

Look for the comic series to hit this fall and more information on the series as it draws closer. You can be sure that EUC will get you all the latest about both the series and novel.

Source: Dark Horse & the Speculation thread at TOS

I think for me personally I'm most excited to see the Legions of Sith.

I'm VERY interested in all the stories in this time frame.

I also hope we get some Mando'ade as well Wink

So feel free to discuss both the Novel and the Comic series here.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm equally excited. This should be great. I love those nasty little sith. Now the only bummer is the wait.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote  

I prefer books over comics. It'll be nice to see how this turns out. Lots of potential at least.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I prefer books over comics. It'll be nice to see how this turns out. Lots of potential at least.

Me too, but in this case I'm more excited about the comic- since as a series has the chance of spawning more books later! Smile

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't really read comics, so novels all the way! It sounds like a neat idea for a story.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

On the whole I prefer novels, but I have to say I've really enjoyed the Legacy and Kotor comics, so I hope to like these as much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Since I rarely get my hands on any of the comics, I'm gonna go with the novel. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Since I rarely get my hands on any of the comics, I'm gonna go with the novel. Smile

I've been in the same boat, but after a while you find you have almost every SW book currently published, and find comics the last unexplored route of SWEU- once I did I admit, they got good!

They'll never replace a good SW book, but sometimes sitting back and checking out some cool art while reading a SW story is nice.

At least for you newer to SWEU comics- you can enjoy the Omnibus's- I have to pick and choose which Omnibus to get sine in the years I've managed to collect most of the stories in single or TPB.

But I think in this case I'll enjoy the novel that much more because of the comic series. You get to see what people were supposed to look like, as well as places, and when the novel comes it will add depth to the ongoing comic series.

I'm VERY excited about this!

-
-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1