Jagged Fel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jagged Fel
 PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

All comments, questions, thoughts, and opinions about Captain Cardboard himself, Jagged Fel, can be posted here. Cool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Question: Do you think anyone would read a Jagged Fel standalone novel? The thought came to me while I was reading Tempest, because I was wondering what happened to him during the time stranded on Tenupe. I thought that might be a cool area to explore, and that way we could also get some cool Alema bits if he ever had any encounters with her...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd read anything Star Wars, but I'm not sure how much I would like it. It would be neat to see how the Remnant is doing these days though.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:33 pm Reply with quote  

It would be hard to do a Jag novel while he was there because it would be kind of like the movie Castaway, he wouldn't have anyone to have dialog with.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

True. But what if they did like a first person I,Jedi type of thing, were the story is in 3 alternating parts: One with Jag's POV, consisting of thoughts and feelings about what just happened with Jaina and stuff, the second part being Alema, also in first person, about her and those surviving Killiks, and the third part could be the Chiss, trying to find Jag, and included in that part could also be Jag's family, like Soontir and Syal's thoughts about having to exile Jag...etc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wait a minute! I could be wrong, but I thought I heard that Blood Oath was split between Zekk and Jag. Hang on, I'll go check.
EDIT: From the Blood Oath summary:
"As Jag Fel, Imperial Remnant leader and Zekk's longtime rival for Jaina Solo's affections, assumes control of the Moff Council -- stepping right into a nest of explosive intrigue -- Zekk, desperate to contact his Jedi comrades, finds himself at the mercy of a pirate captain with an unknown agenda and allegiance to none but herself. But with or without her, the Knight vows to do whatever it takes to stop the volatile conflict unfolding around him from reaching its fatal endgame. "

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, I forgot about that!! Now I might actually pick up this book... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote  

So we'll be getting a Zekk/Jag book? Cool Cool

Too bad we have to wait so long. That transition to power for Jag could have been useful pre-FOTJ.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I loath Jagged Fel. I could have tolerated him if he would have stayed among the Chiss or continued with the Bounty Hunter stuff, but him being the face of the Empire now and thus much of what is wrong in EU currently I just cling to the vain hope that he and his future spawns will be portrayed as badly as possible, in the manner of Julio-Claudian dynasty. With Jagged hopefully eventually murdered by some especially vicious spawn of his.

It's a sorry time when Captain Cardboard - who is still in a desperate need for some kind of emergency charisma transplant - and pre-teen-EMO-turned-to-über-Jedi-Hero Ben Skywalker are the only major male characters among the younger generation. And imagine that we could have had Anakin Solo again if Denning would have just brought him back in Invincible like he now boasts that he could have done... But instead, it's just Ben and Captain Cardboard. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I think a stand alone Jagged Fel book would work best if it took place pre-NJO. A book to kind of explain how he came to be the man he is. The book could also give us a more in-depth view of the Chiss.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Poor Jag. And especially poor Ben! Mad What did Ben ever do? I'll admit Jag isn't the most exciting character per se, but in his own way, he's pretty cool. Like an acquired taste.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What did Ben do? Ben survived. And when one survives where other die, there's allways accusations, why did you survive and not them? Wink

And of course, Captain Cardboard is now in a similar situation. With Anakin and Jacen dead, the fact that he survives with Ben makes Captain Cardboard also a major central character, as there simply is no surviving competition among younger male characters. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So you hate him because he's the face of the Empire?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's one major reason for it. We lost two major young Jedi characters, Anakin and Jacen, and got one Imperial bigshot and a Skywalker kid as a replacement. And I don't like the Empire nor want to see it, in any of it's incarnations, portrayed positively.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:58 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay, while I think Jacen and Anakin should most definitely have been kept around, they weren't. And now we have to make do. I think Jag is a great guy. Should the Empire be portrayed in a nice light? Why not? Look at England and the United States. We were the Rebels, they were the Empire. We won, became the bigger power, and now we're friends again. A government can reform, change. So I don't really have a problem with that bit. It's not like it happened overnight, either. It took them forever.

As for Jag being the leader, that's good, too. There sure aren't any other options out there I would like to be in charge...except Pellaeon before he died. They need somebody young, too. And he's not that young, anyway. At least 30 something, yes?

So anyway...I love Jagged Fel. It's definitely not the only reason, but if only to keep Zekk away from Jaina, I would root for Jag. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 6