Upcoming Main Discussions: We want your thoughts!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
Upcoming Main Discussions: We want your thoughts!
 PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Starting today, we'll be posting the upcoming main discussions, so that you can send us your thoughts before we record.

Email: eucast@eucantina.net

Or, leave us a voicemail (Free) at: 530-EUT-K421.

Also, follow eucast on Twitter to see the upcoming main discussion too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Upcoming episode: July 30th.

Discussion: Why are some SW fans afraid to get into the EU? Send in your thoughts!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Character deaths. Chewie's fate scared me off for the longest time. Or maybe they like Star Wars, but just aren't that interested to explore this gigantic, daunting Expanded Universe.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It is so very huge that it is just confusing where to start. Sometimes it is hard to understand, and people might not find any of the new generation of characters interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I also support the claim about character deaths.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks everyone! This weeks main discussion is: What other genres could/should the EU get into. Like how Death Troopers will be horror. Do any other genres work?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...I'm not sure. I think it's great that they're beginning to branch into other genres, but I really can't think of any right now that they should explore. They've got the Horror covered, and don't they have the Documentary covered with this Holostar novel? What else is there...a Star Wars sci-fi novel? Like sci-fi within sci-fi...Very Happy That could be interesting. What about a mystery? That would be...odd. I'm not sure how well it would work, but it would be kind of different all the same. A Star Wars detective tale. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The main discussion on EUCast this week will be Karen Traviss. Please leave any thoughts on her past works, or on her choice to end her SW career. You can email them to eucast@eucantina.net, leave a free voicemail to be played on the show at 530-EUT-K421, or simply post them here.

Also, we will have the We Talk Clones hosts join us for this week (as Traviss blames TCW for causing her to quit) and we are fishing for an interview with a few LucasBooks people, like Sue. Don't tell anyone though. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ooh, really? Cool. Smile

I posted this in the Karen Traviss thread, but I'll post it again here:

I was also a major fan of Traviss, and will be very sad to see her go. I know she's rewritten continuity before (or at least that's what people say), and while I don't totally agree with that and her one-track mindedness toward the Clones/Mandos (though I love the Clones/Mandos with all my heart), I'm extrememly disappointed. She gave us plenty of great books, though, and at least she had a wonderful run, in my opinion. I'm sure we'll lose plenty of authors over the years, and I guess this is the first of many (if there were others, I simply overlooked them). So in point, thanks Traviss! I enjoyed what you contributed to the Star Wars Universe. Smile

And the more I think about it, the more I don't mind her one-track mindedness concerning the Clones/Mandos. That's what her Republic Commando books were about! Now, during Legacy I believe she should have been inclined to focus on other things as well, which she did. She brought the Mandos into the picture, and again I find nothing wrong with that. That was her speciality! If they didn't want the Mandos featured in a particular story arc, then they shouldn't contract her for the job. You see what I'm saying? The Clones/Mandos were her focus, and that's what she was good at writing. So I am indeed very sad to see her go. Will miss her writing. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ditto:

"Oh. Shoot.
My first reaction was that it was an April Fool's joke, it has to be. It has to be. Then I realized it was August....
I'm not sure if it is The Clone Wars that has caused this, but if so, I can say, for the first time I am mad at it. Up till now every continuity problem that came with TCW, I didn't really mind. I mean the timeline in that era was already a mess befor TCW, but now I don't know. I'm not sure what all is affected (only the future novels or also the pre-exsisting ones) or exactly what the continuity issue is, so I can't really give my thoughts untill I know more. The worst part right now is that the Boba Fett novel (which, by the way, was the thing I was looking forward to the most of any Star Wars products) and we'll never know what could have been. "

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 1 of 1