Ben Skywalker and Jacen Solo: Thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Skywalker and Jacen Solo: Thoughts?
 PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Really starting in Dark Nest, Ben and Jacen had a great relationship. Then it happened. Were they good together? Was Ben a good padawan? Jacen a a good Master?

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:36 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I must say Jacen wasn't the best master. He started off with some clever ways for Ben to embrace his Jedi heritage by playing games with Ben without him knowing what was the purpose for those games; it was much better than Luke and Mara's approach of "use the Force, Ben" Very Happy But then Jacen got caught up more in his personal feelings for others that he started to overlook Ben and throw Ben into situations where he needed more guidance as a young Jedi than as a soldier, mainly in Bloodlines. I thought it was an interesting start but a disappointing, tragic falling out at Sacrifice.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I loved their relationship ! In LotF they were my favorite characters.
In Betrayal it was at it's best, I thought their scenes were funny especially the one at the beginning. and the way Ben looks up to Jacen is adorable Very Happy
I was disappointed to about the way it ended too. I hoped it would have lasted for longer in the series. and starting from bloodlines Jacen was being manipulative and I was disappointed at the way it was turning out.
In darknest I liked them too but we don't see much of it. I hope there will be a book between that time that shows their relationship like in bloodlines.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You know of all the pairings this would feel fitting. The Padawan of Mara's training her son.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 1