Star Wars Invasion Series *Spoilers*

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars Invasion Series *Spoilers*
 PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, who's read the online Star Wars Invasion prologue? The writer and artist have done their research very well when it comes to the looks of the Yuuzhan Vong and their technology. The surprise ending on page 16 was great although probably more violent than it was described in Vector Prime. One complaint I have concerns the female alien at the beginning knowing who the Yuuzhan Vong are. But it is possible to believe that while Luke and the Jedi are busy at Helska IV and Sernpidel, another Yuuzhan Vong force was more bold in attacking, but pushing the limits (unless Luke and some Jedi appear on this world, then we'll have trouble). It may have been better to have this attack more into the war when there were Yuuzhan Vong all over the galaxy. I'm still anxious for the first issue, nevertheless, but my worries have started to come back Sad

*I'm just not a very uplifting Star Wars fan anymore, am I? Crying or Very sad

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I also thought it was very good. I hadn't read Part II until I read your post, but I was actually expecting the dude to be a Yuuzhan Vong. The hooded ones are never good guys. Wink

I'll have to reserve judgement on the other stuff you mentioned for later. After more substantial issues come out. Can't really say with just the preview...but I see your point. Guess we'll find out how well they handle it soon enough! Smile

And s'ok. I understand your concerns. Nobody's perfect, everyone makes mistakes. And they are making a fair amount of...questionable moves concerning the latest literature and media. But just remember...it's Star Wars. You gotta love it all the same. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey! Obi Wan wore a hood!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Caedus_16 wrote:
Hey! Obi Wan wore a hood!!

And did you trust him the first time you saw him? Probably not after he makes that dragon-like cry lol Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

lol he took that hood off and I was like 'huh, rockin old wizard archetype!'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:00 am Reply with quote  

Trust not the hooded people, and you will not be led astray. That's why I never trust anything OMB says...or sings for that matter Laughing

I think the artwork is pretty good so far. The story is all right, but nothing stellar yet. The guy at the end being a Vong was a nice touch though. And everyone calling them Yuuzhan Vong bugs me. If I remember correctly, everyone called them Vong, except for Jacen because he granted them that much respect I believe. Something like that. And if the girl knew this because she was a Chiss, and the Chiss have had earlier contact with them, I guess it could be possible that some earlier Vong strike force identified themselves before they attacked. Perhaps it would have been better if she had to think about it a little before she figured out who they were.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

There were moments where they did just refer to them as "Vong," and it's to be expected. I think most of the Jedi, at least I would expect Luke, did start referring to the as Yuuzhan Vong because although they did kill and conquer, they should still be respected as the living being they are although they commit wrongs; I think we started this discussion in a thread sometime before so I won't dive into it too much more here.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So, I'm going through the Previews October comic solicitations and come across the solicitation for Star Wars: Invasion #4 which partly says:
Quote:
Young Finn Galfridian joins Leia Organa and her children aboard the legendary Millennium Falcon for an undercover mission to a notorious refuge for pirates and smugglers. Meanwhile, Finnís sister Kaye, held prisoner aboard a Yuuzhan Vong starship, is about to show the invaders that the galaxy is not defenseless!

It will be great to see the Solo children in this series (where more than 33% of them are alive Wink ) but knowing all the other things going on in the galaxy at this time, I'm extremely curious how it will all be tied together. (But why does it say Leia Organa and not Leia Organa Solo?)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1