What's your dream car?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yay, go vintage! Why don't they make neat cars like that, now they all look the same. Neutral

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Royal blue Ford Mustang. The year doesn't matter. *sighs* Like that's ever gonna happen. Sad

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Royal blue Ford Mustang. The year doesn't matter. *sighs* Like that's ever gonna happen. Sad

*Hifive*

Another person who's a fan of Mustangs! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Okay guys, decision time. I've only owned one car in my lifetime, and it's just given up on me. It was a blue Dodge Grand Caravan. My mom gave it to me when she bought a Sequoia, and I've been driving it for 5 years now. I sold it the other day, and it is now time to buy something else. Unfortunately, I only have a budget of about $4,500, which would practically wipe me out. Soooo...my dad and I have found this:

Except the one we're looking at is alpine green, and has a rack on top. Otherwise, it's the same. Now, when we found it, I said, "But Dad, it screams '90s'!" Being a girl, I really wanted something cute. This doesn't necessarily say 'cute' to me. However, despite it's age, it only has 45,000 miles on it, and is in excellent condition. Everything on it looks brand new. It's an automatic, but everything else on it is manual. Windows, door locks, seats, air conditioning controls, etc. So they won't break. That's the main problem I was having with the Caravan, was that the electrical system was on the fritz, and most of the electrical in it had stopped working. Windows, air conditioning, etc.

So, we're trying to get it for $3,000 - $3,500. If we could do that, that would help me out a lot since I'd have $1,000 left over to get me through this next semester.

What I had been looking at were X-Terras and Corollas. I couldn't get either of those for $3,000 with less than 125,000 miles, if that. I've been looking for months. So, trying to think practical, instead of cute, and doing my best to be smart about it, I'm thinking this may be a good option. By the time I get out of school, it won't even have 100,000 miles on it. Meaning, hopefully it'll last awhile. Longer than any X-Terra or Corolla I could afford. And besides, it's growing on me. It's not really that bad looking, I don't guess. It's just...boxy. But I could get over that. And besides, I'll get attached to it just like I did my last car, and that was a Caravan! Wink

So anyway, all that to just ask what you guys think. Just personal opinions, if you were my shoes type of thing. Thanks! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Want something cute? My, my what would Mara think of you? Wink I don't know a thing about buying a car, but I know that sometimes I go out to buy something and can't find it and get really frusturated. So I think, well darn it, I'm gonna buy something! and then I buy the first other thing I can find. So, personally, it looks fine to me, but don't buy it because of impatience.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Want something cute? My, my, what would Mara think of you? Wink I don't know a thing about buying a car, but I know that sometimes I go out to buy something and can't find it and get really frusterated. So I think, well darn it, I'm gonna buy something! and then I buy the first other I can find. So, personally, it looks fine to me, but don't buy it because of impatience.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote  

The low miles is definitely a plus. I usually buy cars on their functionality rather than looks. If it runs good and is affordable, it's good enough for me.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yea, it has to run good. I'm not gonna buy GM or Crystler because of how they succumbed the the government. And I will never buy a Stupid-er I mean SmartCar, because they look dumb and they're way too small. And I prefer American so anything Ford is good.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

True, Mara, it is a bit boxy, but at least it's not a Hummer. Smile The question is; how many miles per gallon does it get? And, more importantly, is there a CD player? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I've bought it! And let me tell you, it's a lot better than I thought. I'm already fond of it. It drives excellently, and there's not a thing wrong with it. It's in absolute brand new condition. One owner, 45,000 miles, and been kept in a garage. Gorgeous for its age.

We checked out every dealer in Covington (there are over 10), and nothing they had for the same price or more had less than 150,000 miles. Shocked

So it was the condition that sold it for me. If the condition can keep it going longer than something 'cuter', then cute can go out the window. Besides, it's a nice vehicle. It's dark right now, but I'll upload some pictures tomorrow. I really, really like it. Smile

Got a CarFax report, and it only had one fender bender back in '95, which has since been repaired. Otherwise, perfect shape. You should see this thing, looks like it's only a year old. Gotta love it! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sounds great! Happy driving, Mara. Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, Reep! And here it is:

Isn't it great? Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Love it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, that's nice! Make sure you take care of it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks, guys! It drives just beautifully. And parking? Wow...I can maneuver into all those tiny spaces now. Very Happy

And going back to what Reep said earlier, couldn't you just see Mara driving that? Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 3