Favorite Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:
Just started watching Battlestar Galactica. Really enjoying it so far.

Awesome! Tell us which character you have a crush on. Seriously, that show is amazing. Even though it's ten years old, the themes they explored are still current, making one of my favorite TV shows.

I wanna watch Doctor Who. Where should I start?

Honestly if you like I usually recommend 1 episode from each new Doctor to get you into the show (the first episode is clunky and off-putting) and then they usually start at the beginning and go through the whole thing before jumping back to watch Doctors 1-8 sporadically. Watching the old show isn't necessary to get into it, but there are some amazing stories in it. If you like I'll post my list.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

"Rose" is very clumsy and weird, but I do feel it's necessary to start there to understand what's going on.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
"Rose" is very clumsy and weird, but I do feel it's necessary to start there to understand what's going on.

I usually use 'Blink' and 'Dalek' as they explain what happened and why the new series starts where it does as well as who the Doctor is (in 'Blink' you don't get too much of him and it isn't too much, so its really a grand starting point).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Granted, but I have this thing about chronology.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I usually show them those 2 and then have them watch from the beginning. It softens the awkwardness.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Then Doctor Who might not be the show for you Razz. Particularly given the last Christmas special, which did an interesting thing with the events of Season 6.

I agree though that "Rose" is a necessary starting point, but then random episodes to get a sense of each Doctor is important. Blink is a good one. Another good one is "A Christmas Carol."

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:19 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Arrow is getting better and better -- and it's one of the few shows that I watch live.

Orphan Black Season 2 has started and it's crazy good just like Season 1!

I'm rather miffed that Almost Human was cancelled by Fox. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised - it's Fox. *sigh*

Resurrection over on ABC has me confused, but in a good way. I'm really liking it and it's [short] season is almost over.

As for Doctor Who -- I jumped in with Tennant right around the Silence in the Library and then finished that season. Afterward, I went back to Eccleston and watched everything I had missed. It didn't bother my "chronological" mind one bit since it's a show that revolves around wibbley-wobbley, timey-wimey...stuff. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't know. I feel like Fringe pretty much proved that Fox is there if the fan base is really there. Plus, I think for a long time Fox was the only channel giving Scifi a chance. Terra Nova and Alcatraz got a shot even though they ended up being terrible. It ran X-Files back in the day. Sleepy Hollow had a second season after it's third episode. It's basically Firefly and Dollhouse that people miss. Two wounds in a pretty decent history. Really, if anything Fox hates Whedon, not science fiction. :p

Also, Fox is my favorite network, so I am biased. :p It's bringing back my beloved 24. Note the Bauer24 in my name. :D :D :D :D Now if only I could hope for a Fringe reunion someday...

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:

Then Doctor Who might not be the show for you Razz. Particularly given the last Christmas special, which did an interesting thing with the events of Season 6.

I agree though that "Rose" is a necessary starting point, but then random episodes to get a sense of each Doctor is important. Blink is a good one. Another good one is "A Christmas Carol."

I loathed the last Christmas special. Not because of changes to the timeline, mind. I loved the 50th anniversary. The Christmas special, however, I found to be lazy and contrived.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been rewatching

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bianca Christine wrote:
Arrow is getting better and better -- and it's one of the few shows that I watch live.

I started watching the series, thinking it's going to be a show about an original vigilante, I was very dissapointed when I realized it's a show about the Green Arrow.
But now that the show progresses I'm glad I kept watching.

Bianca Christine wrote:
I'm rather miffed that Almost Human was cancelled by Fox. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised - it's Fox. *sigh*

I know how you feel. I had high hopes and expectations for this one. Crying or Very sad

Crash Override wrote:
I've been rewatching

I knew, I couldn't be the only one who's seen this. Smile I barely remember it, but I know I liked it, even if it was a bit soap opera-ish.

I've never watched the movie that precedes the show though.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

New 24 starts tonight!

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

We have a friend visiting, and we introduced her to Psych. Great excuse to re-watch an amazing show.

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I used to love Psych. One of the best mystery/comedies out there. I haven't seen the last few seasons. Around season 6 I started to lose interest/got busy with school.

- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

YodaBauer2442 wrote:
I used to love Psych. One of the best mystery/comedies out there. I haven't seen the last few seasons. Around season 6 I started to lose interest/got busy with school.

It recently ended. The last season was short, and apart from one or two filler episodes, was designed to bring the show to a great conclusion. I recommend finishing it up.

-Frank and Sadie Doyle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 69 of 73