Favorite Television Shows
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thankfully I watched Season 1 of Stranger Things before the hype, and was able to enjoy it more for that reason. Season 2 was a little underwhelming because I think we the people did built it up too much.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:32 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I just binged Mindhunter. I think the show is not really meant for people who are very familiar with the subject matter, because a lot of people didn't get it. Like they don't know who the dude they keep showing at the beginning is. I don't think that it's meant to be a mystery, but people had some crazy theories.

We binge watched the show when it was first released. Really enjoyed it! I am one who was not familiar with the subject matter. While I understood the mystery man was supposed to be recognizable, I didn't know who he was.

Do you think he was supposed to be recognizable? I just meant that it showed he had a connection to the main character, but it didn't say his name or what exactly his story is. The main confusion people seemed to have is that they did not know what the timeline of events between the two stories were in relation to each other or whether there was a larger connection that had been made more apparent that they had just missed.

Mini rant here. There are three things that really make me mad at John Douglas. The first thing is that he gave wrong information about the Zodiac Killer case. To be fair he didn't investigate that case, but it's irresponsible to give wrong information to the public who trusts him.

Second he was hired as a private investigator by the Ramseys and he said that they couldn't possible be the killers. It's pretty unethical and a conflict of interest to give a press statement about the guilt of people who are paying you.

Third, the worst, he believes that Wayne Williams is the Atlanta Child Killer. Williams probably killed his adult boyfriend, but there isn't any evidence that he killed any kids. The murders were actually committed by at least two or more different people and are unrelated to each other, but the Atlanta PD just shamefully lumped all of their unsolved cases together and said they were from the same guy. They have since reopened those cases, even though they have a guy sitting in prison who was convicted for them. That's just wrong.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Do you think he was supposed to be recognizable? I just meant that it showed he had a connection to the main character, but it didn't say his name or what exactly his story is.

The show was dealing was real serial killers, rather than fictional characters. What I mean is that I assumed he was supposed to be someone that people would know if you knew the story. But I did not know the story, so I did not know who he was or how he was related to the other characters.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Any Black Mirror fans in the house?

Beard lovin' Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My husband and I have seen most of the episodes. My favorites so far have been Playtest and Hang the DJ.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I kind of liked Black Mirror, but I feel like every episode was less good than the preceding one.

The show also became increasingly fantastic, so rather than what I believe the premise to be: stories about the dark relationship between our technology and our society, it just became about A society and a fictional technology, aka. standard science fiction.

That's why I think the first episode was the best one because it was the only one that really balanced that concept, and as the show progressed it sometimes even dropped the sociological pretext altogether and was just about a story centered on a specific form of futuristic technology.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been watching "Penn and Teller: Fool Us" on Netflix, and I've been really enjoying it.

If you've never heard of it: magicians go on stage and do their best trick, and famed magician/illusionist/entertainment duo Penn and Teller try to figure out how it was done. If they can't, then the magician contestant wins a trip to Vegas to open for Penn and Teller at their regular show.

I'm a sucker for a good magic/illusion show, and these tend to be really entertaining.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 80 of 80