Halloween 2014

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halloween 2014
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What is you guys's plans? Wink

I have to work, so I probably won't do anything. Boo.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

Re: Halloween 2014
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
What is you guys's plans? Wink

I don't think I'll be doing much this year unless something comes up last minute.

I do want to dress up as Puddleglum, though, one of these years:

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll just be handing out candy. Probably read for a couple of hours in my living room and give out candy should children come and knock.

My house doesn't get many trick-or-treaters though. Kids look down my side street, see few lights on (I think most of my neighbours are either too young to have families, or sufficiently old to have grown up kids, so they don't bother with Halloween), and don't bother coming down. I'm close enough to the corner though that I do get a few.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've started my festivities by re-reading Red Harvest. I'll probably spend the day playing BioShock while wearing my shirt from the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:28 am Reply with quote  

Will be dressing up for work and going to a birthday party later. I'll make sure to share pics of my outfit when I have them.[/img]

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'll be staying at home, hiding behind me sofa and hoping no kids come to the door.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I fear children so Halloween really is the scariest day of the year for me!

That's not true.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For a moment you got my hopes up that I wasn't alone.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Sad

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote  

Crew member of the Nostromo (Alien).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Sad

It's okay, Dog. I don't hold a grudge Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My wife and I ended up making Pork & Pumpkin chili, gave out candy (17 trick-or-treaters came, which is super low but more than last year), had a fire in the fireplace, and watched the library episodes of Doctor Who (with the Vashta Nerada). Good times!

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Adorable Darth. I've never seen someone look so happy to get a chest burster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1