President Obama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:24 am Reply with quote  

The one thing I don't understand with the oil spill is why they don't have emergency shut off valves on the underwater pipe lines. You'd think they could have just shut them down once there was trouble.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
The one thing I don't understand with the oil spill is why they don't have emergency shut off valves on the underwater pipe lines. You'd think they could have just shut them down once there was trouble.

They do - only the valve failed Sad

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

@Queen Padme Skywalker
I like Jindal, he's a good guy. When he gave that rebuttal speech to Obama's first address he was in a tough spot, it's hard to come back when the Prez is in front of the Legislative Branch.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Autobon wrote:
So what do people think about Obama now that he has had time to be in office for quite a while?

I think Bush's reign left him hosed right out the gate. You'll note even though we were in a recession, they never called it what it was under his admin. They awaited Obama to take office then suddenly "it's your fault O you were behind the desk"

Quote:

Under his administration, national debt has increased three or four times what it was under Bush (with trillions more in useless spending on its way).

I have to ask- if we took away ALL the debt from Bush's admin from todays number, would Obama's have already took us past the where Bush placed us? I'm not so sure, Bush used the War as an excuse to do as all Republican's in power do, to boost the military might and fund his self proclaimed war. But ALL admins waste money, and we have to remember Bush was spending Trillions like I buy SW books. He set the bar on useless and frivolous spending. :D lol

Quote:

Also, job unemployment has skyrocketed to unbelievable heights. And to top it all off, 30,000 more troops are on headed to Afghanistan.

Yeah this to me is also the FALLOUT from Bush's admin, he let big business pack up and move off shore for profits, which will lead to unemployment here in the states, and it takes time to move companies so by the time it's all done Bush has been out of office.

Quote:
Not to mention that government partisanship is so tense you would think we are in a civil war.

This is all on the shoulders of the TWO party system. And it's only going to get worse. We stuck in the middle are hosed.

I'm not for either party, and as I sit in this position all I ever see is one side crying foul at the other every chance they get. They will pretend to bi partisanship, but ONLY to further their goals of being elected to an office. I'm never surprised when the politicians DON'T do what they said they would.

I don't think Obama's done much yet, but I can't ignore the hole that Bush placed this country in so his and his vice's companies could profit from the war, and fear. Homeland security anyone? I still think their are more parallels to Bush and Palpatine then Obama and Palpatine :D lol

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I hear your frustrations. I feel that any leader would struggle in the current setting. Both campaigns said they would work together - still waiting on that one. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 5 of 5