Sarah Palin
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarah Palin
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I am absolutely sick of the media attacking Sarah Palin. Are the liberals that scared of her that they feel the need to insult her and personally attack her on pretty much a daily basis? What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, it really has been sad the way the media has been attacking her. But you know why they do it, because she's a threat to them, and the more she becomes a threat, the more the media attacks her. The best thing to do is to ignore the talking heads of the liberal media, because all they do is make uncool personal attacks and ignorant statements.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well...The I can See Russia From Alaska comment didnt help:P Rolling Eyes
BUt true...The way the media went on abt her kids...that was sick...they shudve been kept out=/......And Yea Fox is the only Network that defends her.

The Media bashed Bush a LOT...Though personally he deserved that Mad
Palin did not deserve it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

FatalFist wrote:
The Media bashed Bush a LOT...Though personally he deserved that Mad

Really, why?

Because he made a few mistakes? Everyone makes mistakes, FatalFist. And judging by your posts, you make mistakes too. Bush did NOT deserve that bashing by ANY stretch of the imagination. He got us through 9/11 in a way almost no other president could. He took the right measures instead of fear-mongering us to death.

Why don't you look at the good things Bush did before saying all what the nasty liberals said was justified... Rolling Eyes Mad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Palin doesn't deserve it. She needs to be left alone. They continue to just attack her because she threatens their ability to hurt people they don't like and to report with minimal facts (Something liberals fight against because they want 'the truth' and no 'hurt feelings'...hypocrites) but Bush didn't either. He messed up a little bit but he becaume president at a horrible time. 9/11 hurt us all but Bush brough us through it. And maybe we went to Iraq for oil and maybe we didn't but we needed it so people should stop complaining about it. Sometimes we complain and complain because there's nothing we can do about our situation, but blaming Bush shouldn't be our first resort. And to the media: You're vultures and parasites who report what pays your checks and not what's fact or what's pertinent to the situation. Personal life messes have nothing to do with people's ability to be a political leader but we're such a shallow nation what we get excited over the smallest and stupidest stuff. I'm off my soapbox now. That's all folks.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quote  

I'm not very big on Palin. I'd just as well be happy that they'd stop talking about her, and leave her kids alone, but she did ask for it by stepping into the lime light. When you catch the media's eye, they hone in on you. Though they are focusing on her too much. I can think of no other Vice President except Gore whose garnered so much attention, and she was just a potential VP. I mean, even the Howard Dean guy with the stupid laugh is left alone now days, but they're still after Palin.

In my opinion, they need to tone it down a bit. There's too much hype over a person who really isn't important.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Bush might hav been super cool for Americans believe me...but not in the sub-continent
That War on Afghanistan and Iraq has =de-stablised= the region/
Collateral Damage(Innocent Civilians dieing is NO JOKE
And that collateral damage can be felt in Pakistan..and Afghanistan..and Iraq.
Sure the ppl who carried out 9-11 shud rot in hell....and action against them shudve been taken...

Just Not the way Bush did it. He Waged 2 Wars>>And lets not even begin on the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq Rolling Eyes

For me hating Bush is like hating the guy who dropped a bomb at a wedding in Afghanistan....so pls...I can accept that the American army was ordered to do it...the orders came from Bush....Thus BUsh is held responsible.

So yes...bashing BUsh is all right(imo)...and u gotta be kidding me if u tell me to show him some compassion...cuz killing of innocents cant be condoned no matter wat ur situation was.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

While I understand your feelings, Fist, and while Bush made some mistakes, what did you expect him to do? Our country was attacked! And everyone who died was innocent! Were we supposed to simply sit back and say, "Oh, well. Hope it doesn't happen again." No, we were supposed to find those who did it and make sure they didn't do it again! Are you saying Hussein didn't deserve to be captured/killed? How were we supposed to get to him if his own country couldn't hand him over? We had to make our own way in and do it ourselves. Do you honestly think we shouldn't have stopped Hitler back in the day? Because let me tell you, plenty of European civilians died because the Allies stormed Europe in search of Hitler. While I am deeply sorry for the lives lost, how else are we supposed to get rid of the corrupt in power who are hiding behind innocent civilians?

Also, as a disclaimer, I do not believe the radicals who performed the 9/11 attacks can ever be completely defeated. They are religious radicals and thus would never surrender, ever. You can't beat something like that. And I mean that about any religion. I am not religion slamming in any way. If you want to call me a Christian radical, then go ahead, because that is exactly what I am. I would never surrender if someone asked me to renounce my God, which is what we are asking them to do. Because in killing us, they are serving their god. So no, I do not believe we are ever going to win that war. But I do believe something should have been done. And I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no better ideas. And if you do, then I would be glad to hear them. But for anyone to just say, "What he did was wrong!" with no alternative, is nothing but a cop-out. It's being unhappy with someone's actions, but having no better solution to offer.

As for WMDs, I have no idea if they ever existed. But did you read about the jet planes that were found hidden beneath the sand? No, of course not, because the media would never report something like that. But it is a true story. Over two dozen Iraqi jets were buried in the sand near Al Taqqadum airfield. They were Russian made aircraft. I have no idea why they were hiding or what they were for, but they did exist. And if the media did report them, then I apologize. But I'd never heard of them until this year, so they did a very low key job if so. So I'm sorry, but over 24 jet planes can do quite a bit of damage. Neutral

One more thing about the killing of civilians: Do you honestly believe Bush ordered the soldiers to kill all the civilians they could find? I certainly hope not. But those kinds of things happen in war. Referring back to what I said about WWII. There would have been no way, and I do mean no way, to win that war without the loss of some civilian lives. And did you see those countries spitting in our faces? No, they were falling down in their thanks to the Allies for saving them from their persecution! Times have changed, and people are no longer grateful. Do you know how many of our soldiers have died over there? And they were not killed by our own people! Someone is killing them, so don't tell me we have no reason to be there. People are dying, our people, and something has to be done about it! So give me a better solution than sitting back and doing nothing. Because that's the only way innocents will keep from being killed. And our innocents, they were not even in a war zone. They were killed by men without provocation. Show me the fairness in that.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

And I, as a responsible and educated administrator of these forums, will add this to Mara's comment:

Oh snap.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Very well said Mara! *applauds*

Like she said, sometimes innocents need to die in order for victory. It's sad, but it helps in the long term. How would America be if we didn't drop the atom bombs?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Saddam had it coming...he was corrupt, creul, ruthless...But Taking down this 1 enemy..America made thousand more enemies>>Do u reaaly think that ppl who lost their sons or fathers via an airstrike(American) Are goin to be understanding???
Im sure the Iraqis are grateful that Saddam is no more...but weigh that in wid personal loss...im no analyst...but its not exactly a win-win situation.

So do u reaaly think the war made America Safer?
Every Civilian died had a family.>>And that faimly is Anti-American Now
Sure ppl down here dont keep grugdes against someone for long...a couple centuries max Rolling Eyes

The War made certain that Taliban and Al-Qaeda had tons of new ppl to recruit...who were more then happy to...vengeance blinds ppl.

Before the War/After 9-11..>Taliban and Al-Qaeda(if they indeed carried out the attacks) Zero Sympathy...Afghanis Pakis Iraqis<All>>Europe called out to America for Help>>ie They were invited in. Hitler actually had an army huge enuf to pose a threat. Same goes for Japs.

Aghanistan had the same army that was created way back in the 1970s by America and Pakistan itself. America funded them. They(Taliban) were lauded as heroes back then...

Was War fruitful?...America lost valuable men.Cost a LOT. Huge Collateral Damage. More Enemies Made.

Al-Qaeda must hav had a hard time recruiting nut-jobs who cud willfuly carry out an attack on civilians. But Now...Im betting They got a line filled with ppl who are ready to perform -God-forbid- another 9-11 styled attack...

All im sayin is...Other Options beside War shudve been found.Cuz Clearly These wars had too many cons.

Sure I admit...im guilty of Not having a Solution. Lets Face it...Its hard to come up wid actual solutions...but the solution that bush resorted to was hastily made. Wudnt assassination hav worked...The $$ spent on The war...had that been directed to say...bribing Saddams guards and get them to kill him=/??

It was once also said that BUsh was told of a terrorist attack being planned...and it was said that it involved airplanes...i dunno if this is true or not(The Source Is Fahrenheit) And apparently all Bush did was go on a vacation in Texas???

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

From Fahrenheit 9/11? That's one of the worst sources you could possibly get info from. No wonder why your arguments don't make sense! You got them from Michael Moore for pete's sake!

What were we supposed to do, Fatalfist? Wait until we got attacked again? No. Bush did the right thing and it worked out pretty well. I could only imagine what Al Gore would have done in that situation... :X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I completely see where FatalFist is coming from though (even if I don't agree) and I find it very interesting to get a perspective from someone near the countries that we have been fighting against.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well I won't be as harsh as Joe but I agree, Michael Moore films are exceedingly bad places to get info because he has been caught stating opinion as fact and making things up on every single one. And as to parets or people who lost people in the airstrike, that's the consequences of war. It happens. At least ours aren't killing themselves to take others out in hopes of a better afterlife, ours are doing it willingly in order to protect our homes and freedoms that allow us to complain about presidents and their soldiers. Checkmate. I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

loll...only the last part is frm Moore dude...
And i cud say u watch to much Hannity Rolling Eyes :D

Either ways...wat part do u not agree wid
1-The War Was not Effective?
2-The War Got America New Enemies.

Part2>>>So true.
Part1>>Debatable...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 1 of 3