Now I've seen it all!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Now I've seen it all!
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I found a story online this morning about a cat who earned a "High School Diploma" from one of those online degree sites. (you know, you pay them money & they send you a "degree")

Here's a link to the MSNBC story, though the story is available at many sites:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32420644/ns/tech_and_science-tech_and_gadgets/[/quote]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:35 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Is this fr real Confused
haha

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I know this isn't what the thread was originally for, but it seemed like a good place to put it. Have you ever been to a garage sale or had one? I've done both. And the main thing I buy at garage sales is toys. Now I could be fined 15 million dollars for selling a toy at a garage sale! If it's one of the millions of toys recalled because of lead. *blink, blink* I can't believe this! Read the story for yourself. I should be quiet before I say something I shouldn't. Confused

New Government Policy Imposes Strict Standards on Garage Sales Nationwide

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote  

That's just stupid. Why can't those idiots just word the law so it doesn't effect individuals selling a product at an event like a garage sale. I mean, it's not like Mattel is going to offload their lead merchandise in some organized garage sale scheme. It's pathetic. Just wait, some airhead is going to buy a lead product at a yardsale and will try to sue the person for millions.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1