Jedi Expedition: Part 1 - The Hoth Adventure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote  

Will flicked off his comlnk Nothing else to do except wait and trust that Jayda can keep herself alive long enough for us to find her. Will looked out of one of the narrow view ports, wondering which star system the Sith was heading towards and wondering what kind of Sith he was. Will placed his left forearm against the bulckhead, staring out into space as he reviewed the different Sith factions he had come across. Some simply desired power, killing or torturing only when it suited that goal, but some...Will closed his eyes trying to drive away the memory but it came nonetheless.

An underground chamber, now scarred from blaster fire and battle but it had once had a sterile quality resembling both a detention center and hospital ward. Each cell contained an operating table with straps to hold a patient stable, reminders of the field hospitals where the casualties surpassed the amount of anesthetics available, forcing the surgeons to perform their lifesaving, but sometimes grim work on fully conscious patients. Some of the tables in that underground nightmare of a place still had bodies strapped down, the dead faces contorted from unfathomable levels of pain, their bodies riddled with gapping bloody holes with nothing left inside.

Will shuddered, squeezed his eyes shut and reopened them, the horrible vision fading into the starscape. The Knights of Pain...Will hoped this Sith was not one of them or else Jayda would be dead long before they could ever reach her, and her last moments in the 'verse would be spent wishing she'd never been born.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nykon Graves made sure that his long time friend, Rep Gordon was comfortable strapped into the medical pod before heading back to the cockpit of the ship.

Will and Truger were already there, Will looked lost in thought. Truger radiated contentment with a hint of worry for Jaydah.

The Saber's Hilt hangar doors were open awaiting the shuttle, as McFly brought the shuttle in for a landing, Will pushed off the wall and made his way to the back hatchway. Nykon looked at Truger who said "Would you go with him Nykon? I can make sure Rep's taken care of. But Will is going to need some help. With Rep down for now, you're the highest ranked Jedi aboard the ship."

Nykon's eyes widened, "Surely you're joking?"

"There are other Masters certainly, but no one with as much experience as you or Rep.

"But I've never lead Jedi before... Nykon began.

"And you still won't have. At least you won't for long. Rep will be up and on his feet before we know it. And the other Masters on board will aid you if you need it. Truger smiled despite himself, he could sense that Nykon had no desire to have this responsibility thrust upon his shoulders.

"Fine, then." Nykon said a smile of his own crossing his face, "My first act is a field promotion, your my new aide Truger.

"Fair enough, now go help Will, he still seems pretty shook up from the surface. He's already recovering from a mission gone bad. I'm worried for him.

Nykon's interest peaked, "Is that why he was all.. Nykon gestured with his hand "Back there on the planet?

I suspect so, Will's never spoken of it. I know he witnessed horrors of some sort. He's been more withdrawn since that day, but he's not told me much from that mission. But then I've not pried either."

"Hmm I'm not the prying type myself, but if Will is hurting in some way we must address it at some point. It may be more serious then we think." With that Nykon turned and followed the way Will had taken towards the landing ramp.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote  

Will made his way off the landingcraft, a gush of seemingly fresh air hitting his nostrils. A welcome sensation after the stuffiness of the limited recycled air of the landingcraft I forgot that skipping the pre-flight checks means only the minimal number air scrubbers required to prevent asphyxiation are turned on, not that landingcraft have many to begin with or give the atmosphere of a luxury liner when all the air scrubbers are turned on. The adrenaline finally wearing off he was now aware of just how tired he was. Briefly considering getting chow first he concluded that he was far more tired than hungry.

As he made his way towards his quarters Will couldn't escape the feeling that he was still a stain among all the Light Sided Jedi on the ship. Perhaps it was guilt from a mission gone poorly where he had been relied on to keep the Jedi alive, or maybe it was the nagging feeling that he had conciously chosen to let a Jedi die rather than save their life. How did that Jedi die? Who was that Jedi? The memory was blurred, he remembered a wounded Jedi being alive one minute, dead the next and the adrenaline rush as he moved into the shadows to escape a group of wampas. The questions nagged at him, threatening him with the feeling that there was a part of the memory missing and along with it a horrible truth.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jayda stared out the cockpit viewport, the Sith's red lightsaber poised dangerously close to her head. He wanted her to pilot the Shadow Breaker to Sullust. Defiantly, she took several moments to ignore him. But common sense managed to bully its way to the forefront past her defiant tendencies. Blinking once, she spoke, not looking at him, "Sullust. Why?" Common sense or no, she still had curiosity. And she wanted to know what in the world Sullust had to offer this Sith. But her curiosity only made him angry.

Growling, he pressed his lightsaber hilt into the side of her head, finger hovering above the activation stud. A little too close. Jayda sighed inwardly and began punching in coordinates. Now was not the time to be defiant. There would be other times, better times. And she needed to be alive for when those moments presented themselves.

Brows furrowed, teeth clenched, the Dark Man slowly pulled away from her, seemingly disappointed that he hadn't been able to kill her. However, he must still have some reason for keeping her alive, for he'd had more than enough excuses to terminate her. And yet he'd restrained himself. Jayda filed that observation away.

Trying once more to send a signal via the Force to her Jedi allies, Jayda clicked her teeth in aggravation as she again came up against the Sith's cobwebbed blockade of Dark Side energy. She'd just have to trust that they were all okay. If they were still alive, they'd be coming for her. And when they found her? Well...one way or another, the Dark Man's days were numbered.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote  

Truger walked along with the medics to the medward, making sure Rep was well taken care of. The ship's doctor assured Truger that everything was well in hand and that he should get some rest.

So, reluctantly, he walked off in search of a waiting room that didn't exist. It seemed that even a ship this size didn't have enough space for something as trivial as a waiting room.

Not wanting to completely leave Rep all by himself, Truger spied an empty patient bed and slipped right in.

When was the last time I slept anyway?

Before he could think of an answer, he was already fast asleep.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nykon was approached by Bream Darklighter and one of the bridge crew of the ship. The crewman turned out to be Bream's twin brother, it was obvious that while they were identical twins Bream's brother was NOT Force sensitive!

Interesting! I've never ran across twins of this nature, Nykon thought as he stepped forward to greet Bream and his brother. "Bream, I'm glad to see you made it off alright as well."

Bream looked like he was nervous, "Yes sir, not wanting to go back either. That place can stay a forgotten rock of ice for all I care. Have you met my brother Brent? Brent joined the Navy about the same time I was brought to the Order."

Brent Darklighter seemed to sneer at Bream's remark. "Funny how you were brought and I 'joined' dear brother. This the one? This Graves? You knew Gordon?"

"And still do, he's not dead you know, he'll be on his feet within a day or two I'm told." Nykon said.

"Our doctors rely on the Force, and the Force isn't always in their favor, I've witnessed it turn its back on the Jedi many times in the service of the navy. Don't be surprised if Rep's still not better a week from now Graves."

"Either way Brent, I need those coordinates for Jaydah's shuttle." Nykon couldn't stand around with pleasantries he had to get the jump point and move the Saber's Hilt to follow. Its what Rep would have wanted.

"Sullust, sir. We tracked the ship heading to Sullust. I took the liberty of setting our own ships course to match, all we need is the order. Sir.

Nykon smiled, "No time like the present then Darklighter, send us out.

With that Brent turned and walked to a comm panel in the bulkhead, he spoke rapidly to the bridge crew, ordering the ship into motion.

Minutes later the Saber's Hilt jumped off to Sullust, in hot pursuit.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:10 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Shadow Breaker departed from Hyperspace, and Modero saw the planet of Sullust, with its two moons not far away. The planet was a mix of yellow and orange, with startling white spots appearing in various places. Its surface was mountainous, with deadly volcanoes and air that was barely breathable. The inhabitants took shelter from the toxic atmosphere and intense electrical storms in the underground caves that were rich with minerals and many lakes. Down there it was cool, and pleasant. But above - nobody could live there long.

And the idea formed in Modero's mind, the evil thoughts coming to him like a glorious treasure. All this time, he had felt wary to kill the Jedi - afraid that doing so may in some way destroy the freedom he had hardly had time to enjoy. But letting someone...or something else kill her...if it wasn't his fault, there couldn't possibly be a consequence. If he could find a way to abandon her on the ground level, she could be dead in hours.

"Don't land yet, Jedi", he ordered. "Turn around and face me. And tell me what you know about Sullust."

(OOC: Ending my part here; ready for the new thread.)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

(OOC: Please follow the story in Jedi Expedition: Part 2: Pursuit .)

-
-

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 11 of 11