Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 139, 140, 141 ... 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Chin up Mara!!! The Cantina has your back and will always listen to those pesky gripes of the day!!! Anything specific or just in general?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I transferred tonight from vegetarian to, how should I say... meat-eater? Omnivore?
Then got myself a chocolate cupcake! Mmmm... Razz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

JainaSolo wrote:
I transferred tonight from vegetarian to, how should I say... meat-eater? Omnivore?

Welcome!

As someone who acknowledges the ancestral role of my canine teeth, I love me a good piece of meat Smile
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

JainaSolo wrote:

Welcome! I myself have ruined many the vegetarian in my time Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
JainaSolo wrote:

Welcome! I myself have ruined many the vegetarian in my time Twisted Evil

Might want to reword that a bit Laughing

@Jaina, your first port of call should now be a bacon sandwich, fried between thickly sliced white bread and lots of tomato ketchup and brown sauce. You are then officially a meat eater Cool
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Alright, Cantina people...not sure where to put this, but seeing as I consider y'all my friends to whom I can go, I'll label this a good thing:

Just having a really rough time life wise, kind of a serious mess these days. Not going to go into specifics, but if I could just ask for your prayers, thoughts, whatever works for you...I would really appreciate it. Thanks to all of you.

You have them Smile . Good luck, and I'm sure things will turn out great.

Quote:
Life is good.

Darn tootin', I am Wink .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Luke92 wrote:
@Jaina, your first port of call should now be a bacon sandwich, fried between thickly sliced white bread and lots of tomato ketchup and brown sauce. You are then officially a meat eater Cool

Mmmm, I've heard a lot of that recipe and it does sound delicious but maybe at a later point. I'm taking things easy by starting with chicken so my system can adapt and get used to it. So far so good Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks to everyone for their support concerning my request. As far as details go, I think it's fair to say that Wednesday I was lower than I think I've ever been. A very stressful year with graduation, a new job and my dad being sick, plus the loss of my bird, and finally an incredibly damaging betrayal...my mental half threw in the towel and decided I wasn't fighting to work through any of this anymore. I was just going to run from everything.

And suffice it to say, cliche though it may be, eventually you hit the bottom and have to start back up. So all that to say I think, with the help of God and others, I'm on the way back up. So thanks, guys. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks to everyone for their support concerning my request. As far as details go, I think it's fair to say that Wednesday I was lower than I think I've ever been. A very stressful year with graduation, a new job and my dad being sick, plus the loss of my bird, and finally an incredibly damaging betrayal...my mental half threw in the towel and decided I wasn't fighting to work through any of this anymore. I was just going to run from everything.

And suffice it to say, cliche though it may be, eventually you hit the bottom and have to start back up. So all that to say I think, with the help of God and others, I'm on the way back up. So thanks, guys. Smile

I know what the bottom looks like Mara, I don't think you'll ever have to see it. You're gonna bounce back, and we're all here for you Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I certainly don't mean to belittle anyone else's hard life experiences, I just meant my personal emotional low. And thank you, Caedus. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I certainly don't mean to belittle anyone else's hard life experiences, I just meant my personal emotional low. And thank you, Caedus. Smile

Oh I know you aren't belittling, I just meant that no matter how bad it seems there is always a light ahead Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'll pray for you, Mara.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:

Oh I know you aren't belittling, I just meant that no matter how bad it seems there is always a light ahead Smile

Unfortunately the light is usually a freight train coming your way, introducing you to a new meaning of "bottom" Sad . This is not me being pessimistic, sarcastic or anything, just going by experience. But cheer up! This too shall pass.

Anyways my thoughts are with you Mara.

And with you JainaSolo, my (maybe) fellow meat eater. Disregard Luke92s statement about a bacon sandwich. Once you are able to enjoy "a bloody steak with some ****** potatoes" you will truly be a carnivore person and one of us. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Spend the whole day visiting my grandparents with my dad and my little sis. My (deceased) uncle's wife and two children were there. They all seemed to cope very well with his death and it was the first time I've ever seen little Micheal (named after his dad) who turned eight months today. He is the cutest thing on earth and the two of us seemed to get along very well.Smile
After we returned we went to the video shop and I got Star Trek on DVD. Time to see what all the excitement is about... Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Went out with 2 of my work colleagues for a meal and then to watch Skyfall. Brilliant film, best one so far and well worth the money. The plot was decent and the villain was excellent.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 140 of 163