Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 190, 191, 192  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:22 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Reep: It's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him!

For me my good thing of the day would have to be taking my dad to breakfast, but most notably without my mother or brother. My dad and I don't get to spend much time just the two of us and as long as we avoid the topics of politics and religion we actually always have a good time (my father and I are strongly opinionated on those topics and it usually just devolved to petty name-calling). It was fun and we didn't have to worry about my mom complaining (she's picky) or my brother ordering the most expensive thing on the menu because he isn't footing the bill (he's a mooch). I just got to hang out with my dad for a couple of hours, it was fun.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

For my first Fathers' Day, I got to bring my family to the Agriculture museum. We saw barnyard animals and learned about milking goats.

Going to museums is my favourite thing to do, so going with my baby (worn in a wrap on my hip) was doubly fun.

Then in the afternoon I got to play video games (while my wife fed the baby). Dinner was delicious chicken wings.

All in all, a great day Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have finished the first draft of my novel! It's short, it's incoherent, and it will take many more drafts and much hard work until I'll be finished with it, but it's a great feeling to have gotten this far. I've been wanting to have one of these for about a decade. Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reep I'm so proud of you! That's awesome, and I can't wait till it's somewhere I can read it (and buy it cause, you know, gotta support the starving artists)!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If that day comes I will totally let you know. I guess I should say "when" not "if". Do or do not.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been away from my computer for a while, and while it is now July 4th, I wanted to step in to wish my fellow Canadians on the forum a Happy Canada 150!

(for those not in the know, Confederation was 150 years ago, on 1 July 1867).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Well happy 150 you Canadians!

And happy 4th to the rest of you! Blow something up!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Aww, my dear Canada, please forgive me for missing your 150th. Razz

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Happy 150th, all you Canada people!

And happy Independence Day to all the Americans! Go blow up a Death Star, it makes a pretty firework.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My best friend got married this weekend. And I got to be the maid of honour!

Even though I'm a guy, I've been wearing that badge with great pride (I could use a different term, or just "witness", but screw that! I'm the maid of honour!)

It was a nice ceremony, with a meal at a sports bar afterwards. They wanted very small, and it was great.

It was also the first time we left the baby with someone other than grandparents. The experiment paid off, and she was fussy for maybe 10 minutes out of the four hours we were gone.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That's awesome, Taral! I had a small wedding, but I would have had male bridesmaids most likely. Most of my friends are male. Smile

Luke turned six months old last week! This little man is just precious. Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol that is freaking adorable, Mara. Kudos on the kiddos 6-monther!

So my good thing of the day is more a good thing of the month because...I've had a wild one.

First off...I've achieved my weight loss goals and have even put on some muscle. This was a big thing for me over the last year and I've since gone down 7 inches in my waist, it's been a wild ride.

Secondly I got promoted! So our department has a lead position and we hired out for that when it came available. I was up for the job but didn't get it due to...well, I'm professionally unprofessional. I'm great at my job, and it's a wonderful place to work, but I'm a bit goofy and hadn't really reigned that in. My coworkers and really everyone I work with love it but my boss's boss wasn't a fan so they hired out. He was abysmal and we've been trying to fire him since the week after his start date. A couple weeks ago he was fired and they immediately offered me the position. It came with a small pay bump and...well, a lot of responsibility, but I like that kind of thing so I was down for it. So now I'm lead in my department at work and I'm overjoyed.

Thirdly my parents have sought counseling. They've had a rough relationship the last few years, mostly because of my brother (he's a monster) and they cut ties for awhile, instead choosing to seek professional help. They're like...they're snuggling on the couch and taking weekends out of town and such. It really makes me happy.

Fourthly (is that a word?) I had a post on our website get over 50 hits. We're small and don't get a lot of attention so that's big for us. The article was about the new Apes movie and it just made me incredibly happy that it got so much attention, I was giddy.

Fifthly (I'm making words up at this point) one of our theatres has been screening the LotR trilogy and I've been going. It's been a blast. This ties into another one that I'm coupling with this...my friend got a job in our department! So not only do I have incredible coworkers, I now also have an awesome dude to pal around with a bit at work.

Lastly...and the most scary...I have a Skype interview with a representative from the University College of London tomorrow evening, where I'm hoping to do my masters work. I'm nervous and excited and jittery so...fingers crossed!

I hope everyone else has been having as good of a summer as I have. This has been wild and to top it all off I get a Star Wars Episode at the end of the year. Life is grand.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:06 pm Reply with quote  

Caedus_16 wrote:
@Reep: It's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him!

This is a bit of a derail but I just had to express my appreciation for the Dodgeball reference Laughing

And now back to your regularly scheduled programming. Move along. Move along

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's fantastic, Caedus! Very Happy

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've been on a roll with self-improvement stuff lately after being in a rut for a little while. I'm running every day, I've lost the extra pounds I gained, I cleaned my room, and I've been more disciplined in my spiritual habits.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 191 of 192