Good thing of the day!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Good to hear Alan. I hope her road to recovery isn't too long.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I got to be at a reading by one of my favorite authors tonight and got a signed copy of his new book!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote  

What book? What author?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Doomed and Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk. He's on his Adult Bedtime Stories tour and it was a blast. Highlight of the night was the Q&A because it involved clear beach balls with glowsticks in them that we all wrote questions on and then the lights went down and they went ballistic and one of them would be caught by a worker at the theatre and that was the selected question.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So I found this cool idea on the internet today and decided to try and do it on my computer.

Someone pranked her coworkers (I think they had a shared workspace, one computer for multiple people, in a university lab or something) by taking five pictures of a Weeping Angel (screenshots from the video screen in Doctor Who Series 5's "Time of the Angels") and setting as desktop backgrounds, to change images every 30 minutes.

So sometime, that woman's coworkers will look at their computer, perhaps opening a window with this image behind:

And then close their window to find this:

Then this:

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:42 am Reply with quote  

Okay, that would be hilarious. Laughing

"Hey Bob, did you see this new thing on Windows 8...OH MY GOD!" *spills coffee everywhere.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Okay, that would be hilarious. Laughing

"Hey Bob, did you see this new thing on Windows 8...OH MY GOD!" *spills coffee everywhere.

I did it on my own computer, and when my wife phoned me the background changed and it startled me.

Success!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My fiftieth anniversary full-coloured edition box set of "The Chronicles of Narnia" arrived in the mail today as a late Christmas present.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Very Happy

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Taral-DLOS wrote:
So I found this cool idea on the internet today and decided to try and do it on my computer.

Someone pranked her coworkers (I think they had a shared workspace, one computer for multiple people, in a university lab or something) by taking five pictures of a Weeping Angel (screenshots from the video screen in Doctor Who Series 5's "Time of the Angels") and setting as desktop backgrounds, to change images every 30 minutes.

So sometime, that woman's coworkers will look at their computer, perhaps opening a window with this image behind:

And then close their window to find this:

Then this:

That's awesome Very Happy . I've a question. How do you get the desktop backgrounds to change images? I tried, but couldn't do it - at least with ones from my personal files. There were several preloaded ones, but I couldn't change them.

Still, I put that last one up. Totally freaked my sister out!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^^First of all, I'll note that I'm using Windows 7 (but I think it applies to Vista too, at least).

When you right-click on empty space in the desktop, you can open the Personalize -> Desktop Background screen. One of the options is "Change Background Every" with a pull-list for timing. You can pick the location of the pictures, and check off which ones you want in the slideshow (I named mine Angel 1 through Angel 5, so it goes in order).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Hmm. Tried that but I can't see it. I have Windows 7, too.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

My new iPad Air arrived last Friday. And I LOVE IT!!!!

So far, I've been gaming (Tiny Death Star, The Simpson's: Tapped Out, Jurassic Park Builder, République), surfing the web, and reading digital comics (the screen is slightly bigger than a Star Wars omnibus, so full pages read like normal!!)

Been messing around with the document apps too, like Pages and Numbers and Keynote. Still have work to do figuring everything out, but so far it's been wonderful.

Best Boxing Day present I could've bought myself Smile

Will be posting a request for recommendations on the What Games Are You Playing? thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Ladies and gentlemen, I have officially purchased my ticket to my local Comic Con at which I shall be getting a photo op with Matt Smith. Color me stoked. Very Happy

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, I have officially purchased my ticket to my local Comic Con at which I shall be getting a photo op with Matt Smith. Color me stoked. Very Happy

Aaaaand jealous.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Caedus_16 wrote:
Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:

Aaaaand jealous.

Sorry, bro. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 162 of 168