Mara's Oregon Adventure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mara's Oregon Adventure
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

My husband and I just celebrated our first anniversary by visiting Oregon for five days. I don't know that this topic deserves its own thread, but I would rather not hijack another.

To summarize, we had a fantastic time! We stayed in a wonderful little cabin in Prospect, Oregon. Details to follow:

One of our main destinations was to visit Crater Lake. Quite disappointingly, Crater Lake experienced an early Winter storm and was not visible for the duration of our stay. However, they do not close for most weather conditions, so we drove up anyway and tromped around in the snow. We also got to visit the creepy Shining lodge on the rim of the crater. We want to stay there. Smile

Another main destination was to find the original Geocache placed on May 3, 2000 outside Portland. Mission accomplished. Cool

The weather, as is often the case in Oregon, was consistently rainy. We decided to persevere despite the rain and go out adventuring. Three of the days we were there we spent Geocaching in the areas surrounding Prospect. We found some beautiful locales!

We saw several deer outside our cabin.

And finally, on Tuesday, we drove about three hours to the Redwood National Forest and the Pacific coast in California. What a beautiful day!

While it was disappointing not to see Crater Lake, we had an absolutely phenomenal vacation all the same. Oregon is a beautiful state, as is northern California! Can't wait to go back! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote  

Wow! Nice pictures! I love the trees, both the forest shots and the snowy pine pic. That looks like a really tempting trip. I really do like forests, and those trees are way bigger than anything we have in Missouri.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Looks like a lot of fun. Smile

I love hiking through forests. And Redwood National Forest looks a bit like Endor.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That looks like a crazy awesome anniversary vacation, congrats!

Also congrats on the anniversary Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:25 pm Reply with quote  

@Reep: The Redwoods ARE Endor, that's where they shot it ROTJ. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
@Reep: The Redwoods ARE Endor, that's where they shot it ROTJ. Cool

I should have known that. Laughing Embarassed

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1