Attack of the Clones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Cerrinea wrote:
Quote:
Natalie said it herself on the DVD extra. It's because he was cute.

Seriously, no one's that cute. You'd have to wear earplugs. I can picture it now.

Padme and Anakin on balcony. Padme combing her hair.

Anakin: I'm so in love with you.

Padme: What? I can't hear you?

"Shhhh, don't talk, honey. Just....stand there," Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh lol, Padme...much better. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Personally I don't hate TPM or AOTC, but they're not my favourites. It was mainly the CG. It lacked a certain amount of realism. The CGI parts never felt like I could reach out and touch them, if that makes sense. Oh, and Padme, while I don't necessarily like Anakin, I do have the tendency to make jokes based on the popular zeitgeist, rather than what I personally feel. Can I be forgiven? *Does puppy dog pout*

Quote:
You know, sometimes love is blind... and in cases like this one, it's deaf, too.

Perhaps Anakin was subtly influencing her with the Force? Not a mind trick - she is, as was said, not weak minded - but just a gentle nudging.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life Is The Path wrote:
Perhaps Anakin was subtly influencing her with the Force? Not a mind trick - she is, as was said, not weak minded - but just a gentle nudging.

I wouldn't put that past him. Not at all. In fact, that actually plays well into his character IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, but that's so wrong! Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:09 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I know this is going to sound a little odd, but what if even Anakin doesn't know how she fall for him, because he acknowledged how clumsy he really is, and this is just another point in which he bases his jeaolusy? I mean, he reconogizes in some level tahn Obi is better than him, so she should love Obi and not him. Does it make sense?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They were actually going to play up the jealousy angle Anakin had regarding Obi-Wan in ROTS but decided to cut it for which I am very glad. Anakin's fall and Padme's death didn't need to be trivialized with soap opera.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

yeah the love triangle bit wouldn't have been a good plotpoint, not at all.

In hindsight, we can say it's because the only woman for Obi-Wan is Satine of Mandalore. Wink But within the movies themselves circa 2005, I never ever saw anything in the performances of Wet Blanket and Kenobi in TPM, AOTC, or ROTS that would've indicated ANY chemistry at all let alone romantic attraction. To have pulled out the jealousy angle in Ep III would have seemed baseless and completely out of the wild blue nowhere...

besides, it's bad enough that one powerful Force wielder was head-over-heels for that, no way I could buy that two Jedi would be into her like that. No way.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm not saying she would fall for Obi, just that Anakin thought so. I like that plot in the novel.

Btw, now Satine is the only woman for Obi? What about Siri and their romance?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nedara wrote:
Btw, now Satine is the only woman for Obi? What about Siri and their romance?

I like the Satine plot better. A LOT better. The Siri bit didn't happen.

I didn't mean that Padme couldn't fall for Obi-Wan. I meant I can't understand how he'd ever fall for her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I like much more Siri. I think her death was quite important to show how differently Obi and Ani react to a possible lost of the women they love. Plus how much mature Obi is now than when that other girl he loved died.

And that's the best part about Obi and Padmé. There was nothing between them, but Ani only saw what he wanted to see. In fact, it always remind me The Truce at Bakura with Han being jeaolus of that Imperial officer from Alderaan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The whole Siri thing makes me gag. So glad it's been retconned by Satine. And Taria Damsin.

Although Taria also makes me gag and yet at the same time I'm in total admiration of what a flaming self-insertion Mary Sue she is.

Someone on another site which shall remain un-named (but is full of 12 year old gamer fanboys) just suggested that Quentin Tarantino remake the PT.

I'm speechless.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nedara wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:
It's been 9 years and I'm still trying to figure out exactly why Padme fell in love with Anakin in the first place. Seriously, it was not his charm, his way with words or his maturity. LOL

You know, sometimes love is blind... and in cases like this one, it's deaf, too.

Laughing

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I hate Satine. I hate Taria. That is all.

And guys, guys, doesn't the Anakin/Padme relationship have enough issues without bringing mind control into this? Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote  

Cerrinea wrote:
Someone on another site which shall remain un-named (but is full of 12 year old gamer fanboys) just suggested that Quentin Tarantino remake the PT.

I'm speechless.

I could see this. Steve Buscemi would play the Emperor. Michael Madsen would be Obi-Wan. Samuel L. Jackson would still be Mace, but his dialog would contain lots of MF's. Oh, and when Obi-Wan cuts off Vader's arms and legs on Mustafar, in the background you'd hear Steeler's Wheel "Stuck In the Middle with You" as Michael-Madsen-Obi-Wan cuts him up Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 3 of 4