Why do you like your favorite character?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Why do you like your favorite character?
 PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just wondering Smile I will tell y'all why Jaina is my favorite later. Smile

Last edited by SwordoftheJedi on Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Its Mace Windu

I like him because he really seems to know what he is doing...... silent intensity, lol. Plus he has the best powers of any force user, best lightsaber form, etc. He is just all around cool.

My most hated character? Anakin... because he should have never been able to cut Mace's hand off. That was one of the biggest mistakes in Star Wars history, it was wrong on so many different levels........ anyways

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Autobon wrote:
Its Mace Windu

I like him because he really seems to know what he is doing...... silent intensity, lol. Plus he has the best powers of any force user, best lightsaber form, etc. He is just all around cool.

My most hated character? Anakin... because he should have never been able to cut Mace's hand off. That was one of the biggest mistakes in Star Wars history, it was wrong on so many different levels........ anyways

In my personal EU the game death is his death- the 2nd fight down below. NO WAY Mace going out like that- sorry GL- but seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

In my personal EU the game death is his death- the 2nd fight down below. NO WAY Mace going out like that- sorry GL- but seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Laughing

Yea, if they can make a coward with bad aim like Boba Fett survive being eaten by the Sarlacc, I'm sure they could make the best Jedi ever survive being thrown out of a window... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Corran Horn- why? Perhaps I feel I relate to his thought processes? I've always liked Corran.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote  

I like the coward with bad aim because he had that cold, calculating, 'don't mess with me' persona in the movies. Fett had the best outfit of them all, and all sorts of weapons. Out of all the bounty hunters, he was the one to succeed and capture Han Solo, plus he outsmarted Han when he tried to hide the Falcon on the back side of the Star Destroyer. And if we take the books into effect, Fett not only survives the Sarlacc, but goes on to later team up with Han on several occasions, even training Jaina to kill Caedus.

However, I think my favorite characters are Kal Skirata (my all time favorite Mandalorian) and Grand Admiral Thrawn. I like Kal because he's tough and resourceful. I like Thrawn because he's a strategist.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah Props to Kal

I also realy dig Baradan Jusik!

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I like the coward with bad aim

Just remember, it was not me who said that...

I tend not to mess around with people that have the dark lord of the sith as their avatar Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd have to say my favorite character is Anakin Skywalker, I can really relate to him. I think all of us can feel the way Anakin felt at times.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I like Seha because she is such an underdog. Force skills are underdeveloped and she's shy (like me Rolling Eyes ), not to mention she's been completely ignored by all author's other than Aaron Allston.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

My favorite characters are Luke and Anakin Skywalker. Luke is just the classic hero. He started out as a naive farmboy and grew into one of the most powerful Jedi Masters ever.
Anakin was adorable in TPM. I loved him. I was a little confused in AotC as to where on earth George was going with this dude, but in RotS.....I don't know, I just got the character. *shrugs* I know, I'm weird. Very Happy

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm a big fan of 3 characters for certain reasons...

Han: Need I say more? Best there is!

Anakin Solo: Achieved a level of power that few have ever dreamt of, and easily woulda been the best character if not for orders from the big man to kill him.

Caedus: He got better he got captured by the Vong. His character became well thought out and well done. Wish they'd have drug his Sith story out more cause it had potential.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote  

One of my favorite species is the Barabels. Tesar, Saba, they're just awesome. I like how they are fierce, no-nonsense Jedi who can be violent and humorous. And on top of that, they eat their foes! Ha, I'll never forget when Saba talked about tasting a Yuuzhan Vong. Laughing

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just cannot narrow it down well enough, but here are a few favs:

Wedge - He was really well written throughout the X-Wing series
Corran Horn - Also really well written in the X-Wing series, and I Jedi
Darth Bane - tough and smart
Thrawn - always the calm, cool, collected thinker

Re: Why do you like your favorite character?
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
Just wondering Smile I will tell y'all why Jaina is my favorite later. Smile

Here we go...

Jaina Solo is my favorite character simply because she brings an aspect to Star Wars that no one else does: Drama. She brings a human essence to Star Wars because she is emotional and unpredictable, and not yout normal, everday ethical Jedi. I love how Jaina follows the Order to a point, but still uses her own judgment, which, combined with her sharp thinking, temper, and impulsivness makes for some great action scenes to read and enjoy in the books. She knows what she is doing, and doesn't waste time figuring out what it means to be a Jedi. She follows her head and her heart, and I think that only makes her more real and compelling. Jaina does what needs to be done while still letting her moral compass guide the way. Throughout NJO, Jaina provided the teenage romance of sorts aspect to the era. The love triangle between her, Zekk, and Jag was a soap opera of its own, and in a time of death, war, and violence it was beautifully bittersweet, and refreshing to read about. Her cool, calculating mindset allowed her to defeat Tsavong Lah and countless Vong while piloting her X-wing in space. As Han said, "The kid can fly." Skipping Dark Nest which I totally erased from mind because Jaina is way too strong minded to be in a Killik Nest or whatever (Wow, looong sentence...*deep breath*) Jaina continued to impress me in LOTF, although she wasn't at her best in the first few books. From Sacrifice on though, all I can say is wow. In the few pages she got in Inferno and Fury, her emotional dilemma over what it meant to be the Sword of the Jedi was really compelling and intriguing for me to read. It was emotional to see how Jaina was dealing with the burden of being the Sword, and basically distancing herself from everyone again in order to focus on the mission. It made her so cool in my eyes to see that in her own typical Jaina way, she was still taking action instead of sitting around feeling sorry for herself. You can probably guess that Revelation and Invincible were absolute heaven for me. Since Boba Fett (along with Mace Windu) was my favorite character before the EU, it made it so much more cooler that my old favorite was training my new favorite. The final battle in Invincible was so brutal, raw, and quick, and I felt so bad for Jaina that she had to kill her twin but later it made me apprecaite what a strong character she was to carry out the mission till the end, removing Caedus at whatever cost neccessary for the good of the galaxy. Now, continuing FOTJ, Jaina is still as awesome as ever, maybe even more so, by doing her own thing but at the same time staying true to her roots and making it clear where her loyalties lay. Jaina may not be some uber-powerful Jedi, or a philosophical, perfect leader, but in my eyes, Jaina Solo, not Jacen, or Anakin, is the hero of the Expanded Universe.

Whew. Thanks to those who actually read the long post. I would also like to add that while I may refer to her like she is real, I am not one of those crazy creepy obsessed people that act like she is God or anything. When I'm in the mood to write something good, I just get into it, and I am very passionate about Star Wars. Hey, when you combine one of my favorite things (writing) with my other favorite thing (Star Wars), it's what you'd expect. Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 2