Lost along the way- under appreciated characters!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Scary thought......Smile

So was the Force Sensitive Mando and they have yet to really tap that asset!

Though we do have a Chiss Jedi now!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So I was thinking in another thread about Shmi Skywalker:

Anyone else have a feeling that Zayne Carrick could be a ancestor of the Skywalker line? I think this only since Vector. But seriously

Shmi's family came from somewhere, as did the name Skywalker. But the maiden names could leave all sorts of open doors to tie stories by family.

I say this only since it's always seems the Chosen One bloodline was destined to bring balance to the Force when it tips either direction.

But the other side of it, would anyone care if the Skywalker line has roots to say Reven, Malak, the Exile, or Carrick? Or someone else like say Bane or someone from his family line up tree from him ?

Has anyone else pondered this?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote  

Never thought of that before, but now that you've brought it up, I think Luke should be related to Revan and Bane. That would be awesome!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

This line of discussion worries me. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This line of discussion worries me. Wink

You worry too much Wink

Seriously though bloodlines spring from somewhere.

The two I've always thought had a good chance were Bane and Zayne.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Forgive me if I'm interperating wrong, but isn't Anakin not technically Shmi's son? I always got the feeling that Smi and her ancestors weren't Force-sensetives.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It is complicated, Reep. Technically, he IS her son in the fact that she did give birth to him; he didn't appear out of thin air. On the other hand, there's the entire theory that Palpatine created Anakin, because of the line in ROTS about Plagueis being able to influence the midichlorian count to influence life. People speculate that Anakin was "created" by Palpatine to be his apprentice. If that were true, than Palpatine's plan is larger than most people thought, and certainty more impressive. Another theory is that the Force (without a human guiding the Force) created Anakin, because he is the chosen one. There's no official answer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
It is complicated, Reep. Technically, he IS her son in the fact that she did give birth to him; he didn't appear out of thin air. On the other hand, there's the entire theory that Palpatine created Anakin, because of the line in ROTS about Plagueis being able to influence the midichlorian count to influence life. People speculate that Anakin was "created" by Palpatine to be his apprentice. If that were true, than Palpatine's plan is larger than most people thought, and certainty more impressive. Another theory is that the Force (without a human guiding the Force) created Anakin, because he is the chosen one. There's no official answer.

I thought it's more then theory after they added it to one of the Vader books? Though from what I'd heard it was all Plagueis and Sidious was looking for Anakin- Anakin was to be Sidious's replacement.

Though IMO the Force Willed it all to happen Wink

But yeah, Anakin's still Shmi's which means there is still a family line drawing back from her. And I'd prefer to see some Force Families (Especially a Skywalker line) LOSE Force Sensitivity between Generations. Cause at the moment breeding Jedi LOOKS WAY TOO EASY.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Cause at the moment breeding Jedi LOOKS WAY TOO EASY.

Agreed. Since when is the Force passed on solely through the genes? Granted, Luke and Leia got their Force sensitivity from Anakin, but he was the Chosen One with an extremely high midi-chlorian count. Getting even half of his power would make them great Jedi. I see no reason why having one Jedi parent *coughthesolokidscough* should result in amazing Force abilities.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Cause at the moment breeding Jedi LOOKS WAY TOO EASY.

Agreed. Since when is the Force passed on solely through the genes? Granted, Luke and Leia got their Force sensitivity from Anakin, but he was the Chosen One with an extremely high midi-chlorian count. Getting even half of his power would make them great Jedi. I see no reason why having one Jedi parent *coughthesolokidscough* should result in amazing Force abilities.

Yeah we should be seeing some children born to Force Sensitives with no Force Powers.

-
-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I also think it'd be interesting to see a Jedi have a kid with no Force powers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I also think it'd be interesting to see a Jedi have a kid with no Force powers.

Yeah I often wondered if Ben would have been the one but it worked out differently.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'd personally like to see Jaina have a non-Force sensitive kid. She's a third generation Jedi herself and Jag isn't Force sensitive. I think it's quite possible that all of her children wouldn't inherit the talent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:07 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'd personally like to see Jaina have a non-Force sensitive kid. She's a third generation Jedi herself and Jag isn't Force sensitive. I think it's quite possible that all of her children wouldn't inherit the talent.

Perhaps....I'm not closed to it.

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote  

I'll join the bandwagon. They're always talking how Force sensitives don't always have Force sensitive kids, but reading the stories you'd never know. Jedi always have Jedi kids.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 5 of 11