Society Has Slammed the Door on Chivalry
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Has anyone ever noticed you can smile and say 'hello' to an elderly person you've never met and they'll mirror you, but if you dare do it with a teenager, they'll just look at you funny and/or laugh. Weird.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Depends on the teenager. Some will smile back. Other just give you a dirty look for daring to smile at them. Either that, or they'll give you a blank stare. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Has anyone ever noticed you can smile and say 'hello' to an elderly person you've never met and they'll mirror you, but if you dare do it with a teenager, they'll just look at you funny and/or laugh. Weird.

Hormones run wild, it makes them feel like they are on top of the world. Been through that stage, not fun.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Lol teenagers aren't the brightest bunch, but I spent two years of my college in Lincoln NE and I gotta tell ya, that isn't true there. That is the friendliest state I've ever seen. Random people smile and wave on the road, people have morals and values (well more than other places I've been), people around campus were great. It was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I love it when a random stranger will just ask you "how's it going?" Especially if it is a guy who doesn't look like that type. It proves stereotypes wrong every time. I had a guy do that to me yesterday at the store. He was just passing me and asked "how's it going?" I think anyone like that must have an awesome personality and is probably cool to be around.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Yeah, that's always great. You can actually get to know people just from one friendly gesture. Case in point: when I first started college this semester, I didn't really know anyone in my classes. I was sitting in music one day and I glanced at the girl sitting across from me. I smiled, she smiled back. After class, we started a conversation. Now I have a friend in that class. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't mean to force my lifestyle on anyone but I've noticed that when I've dated girls that chivarly is there. Like I've had doors held open for me, I've even had my car door opened up with my newest girlfriend. Maybe it's just the guys who have dumped it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Anakinlover89 wrote:
I don't mean to force my lifestyle on anyone but I've noticed that when I've dated girls that chivarly is there. Like I've had doors held open for me, I've even had my car door opened up with my newest girlfriend. Maybe it's just the guys who have dumped it.

I really don't think it's a gender thing anymore. I think the issue is people in general. I bet you the ones who are not chivalrous just don't care, or are lazy.

The other side is moods. I know there are somedays when my mood is so foul that avoiding people is mine and their best strategy.

But that doesn't change the fact that people SHOULD be more polite and chivalrous to each other.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I agree I try to be as polite as possible however some days when I'm just in a bad mood my politeness tends to go away.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ithink a big thing is how we're told to look after ourselves above others by self-help people and such. I mean, how are they supposed to respond when it's shoved down their throats like that. If you're told it's okay to be selfish, of course you're gonna be selfish.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Meditation Grove

Page 3 of 3