When I grow up I want to be...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
When I grow up I want to be...
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When I grow up (which will probably never happen, but you know what I mean Wink ) I want to be a firefighter. Here are the reasons:

1. I get to wear kevlar (the closest thing we have to beskar).
2. I get to have muscles.
3. I get to drive a fire truck.
4. It would be as exciting. Can you imagine the adrenaline rush.
And the two big reasons:
5. I get to save people's lives. What can I say, I've always dreamed of being a hero. Who hasn't?
6. I'll be doing something important with my life, instead of doing meaningless other work.

So yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, but it will take a lot of work and I need to get in a lot better shape. So how about you guys? What job do you want to be? And, if you already have a job, what is it?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Right now I'm in college majoring in Early Childhood Education. I'll probably end up as either a teacher (duh) or something else in child care. But my dream job? Hmmmm....got it! Film critic. Come on, you get paid to watch movies! Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
2. I get to have muscles.

Ha! That made my day man! Nothing against you, of course, I just didn't see that coming as a reason. Laughing

One thing to remember Reep: being a firefighter has its downsides, like any job. My uncle has been a firefighter since he got out of high school, and at the age of 57, he is still working in the field, not just at a desk. He has seen a lot of things that I don't want to get into here. You have to be ready for some gruesome sights. And your life is on the line in more ways than just fires. Just this month, my uncle was the first to arrive at the scene of a murder, and was literally the first person in the house. Not knowing how long ago the murder had taken place, it was possible that the killer was still inside. Shocked

Not trying to discourage you, just saying because most people who don't know a firefighter don't think about the hard part of the job.

I am going to get a major in broadcasting, which will allow me to go into journalism, TV, or radio (not meaning I'll be the one talking, I could just get into the technical aspect too).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Re: When I grow up I want to be...
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:

1. I get to wear kevlar (the closest thing we have to beskar).

Not as fun when your cleaning a blade that could shear your arm off anyway!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Forensic Behavior Consultant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up, don't know what happened with that... Confused
I am now a medical assistant, yet , I drive a bus at work that is like a portable X-ray machine. Along the way, I've worked in my dad's grocery store, joined the U.S. Navy, did my hitch, got out, and worked in a company that makes LED lights for cars, traffic lights, etc. My point for all this rambling, life gives you surprises! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

jedipoodoo wrote:
I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up, don't know what happened with that... Confused
I am now a medical assistant, yet , I drive a bus at work that is like a portable X-ray machine. Along the way, I've worked in my dad's grocery store, joined the U.S. Navy, did my hitch, got out, and worked in a company that makes LED lights for cars, traffic lights, etc. My point for all this rambling, life gives you surprises! Very Happy

Kodak or Fugi? And do you work with Dryview?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
jedipoodoo wrote:

Kodak or Fugi? And do you work with Dryview?

None of the above, a digital GE, mammography machine, sorry, didn't think anyone knew medical equipment, silly me! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

jedipoodoo wrote:

None of the above, a digital GE, mammography machine, sorry, didn't think anyone knew medical equipment, silly me! Very Happy

10 years working at Kodak making Dryveiw and Analog Xray film. -Digital! YEAH!!!! I so want the world to go digital!

-
-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I want to be HUGE media Mogul...so I can control EVERY SINGLE One OF U!!!!

Lolll...btw when i was small...i told my teacher that i wanted to be Superman...hahahaha.

Being a writer wud be cool too.....or perhaps developing games=)
but evybody needs a backup(incase i dont become a writer or a graphics designor=p)
And my backup is....An Accountant(damn i hate numbers Evil or Very Mad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm in college and currently majoring in Humanities. I want to be aCcollege Professor.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote  

I don't know what I wanted to be as a kid, but I kind of figured I'd end up working with computers. Now I'm a computer tech with a server hosting company. But before that, I worked construction in a family business, and I also did a stint with irrigation work in Florida. Working construction was neat because I got to travel around and see new places. Florida was just plain hot, but I got to go deep sea fishing a lot.

Being a computer tech isn't bad. I have lots of free time and I get to work inside in the a/c.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm majoring in Computer Science right now, with a minor in Graphic Design. I don't have any major business plans at the moment, other than my virus removal business. But that's just meant to be a source of income for while I'm in college. Unless, of course, it starts to pay well. Then why fix what isn't broken? Wink

I was never really interested in working for a company. But working for others out of my own business is kind of my goal. Like for instance, my virus removal business can branch into other things, such as designing websites and such for people, or writing programs as needed. Now that I've been in school, I've become interested in teaching. But I don't want to go the public school route. Or private, or anything else. I just mean that I'd like to do my own thing. Have a little class out of my house for whoever. So far the plan is to teach Computer Science/Graphic Design. If there are other things I feel able to teach when the time comes, I can add that to the available classes. These would just be fun classes to broaden your knowledge of said subjects. Something that anybody could come learn. It wouldn't be a credited course, just something fun to do. Kids in public/private school would certainly be welcome, but it's mainly aimed at homeschool kids because they don't have the chance to take such a class at home unless they teach themselves. This mainly comes from the fact that I would have loved to take such a class in high school, had one been available somewhere.

So anyway, those are my business plans. My other major plan is to be an awesome mom. I used to say I only wanted a couple kids, but I've since changed my mind. I want as many kids as God sees fit to give me, and I want to be the best mom to them that I can possibly be. And I'm very excited about that whole stage in my life, seeing that it comes. I don't know that I'll get married, or when, but I certainly hope so. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

As a kid I wanted to be a superhero. Then in high school I wanted to be either a comic book artist or a chemist. After majoring in chemistry I went into web development upon graduation. Right now I am pretty happy with my career choice. I have to learn new things all the time and I have gotten to work on some really cool websites. Right now I am branching out and doing design work on the side so I can extend my skills. People that can bridge the creative part of wed dev. and technical part are always in high demand. I really have no interest in managing so at my age its a little tougher to stay ahead of the younger kids unless I keep adding skills.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote  

Hmm my dream job? Well obviously it would be an X-Wing pilot (preferably in Rogue or Wraith Squadron).

Now as for something more realistic I'm actually pretty content with the idea of being an archaeologist for the rest of my life. I don't really expect to be doing anything quite as awesome as Indy, finding the Lost Ark or Holy Grail while battling hundreds of enemies (though I wouldn't turn down the opportunity!). But for me the digs I've been on have been pretty awesome so I can't really complain about it not being like in the movies. My current goal is to get a Ph.D and I will figure the rest out as I go.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2