Facebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I am tempted simply because a lot more information on upcoming Star Wars releases come from facebook, but I'm just not interested in the social aspect of it. I don't think I will. Besides, I have half a dozen accounts there, already. I don't need another one.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote  

More star wars news flows out of twitter than facebook, except for Del Rey's official facebook page and a few authors who only frequent there.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote  

Ok so a question for you all: in terms of the various options you can put for relationship status one is "it's complicated." But what exactly does that mean? Until recently it never really mattered though I had always assumed that usually meant a relationship was on the way to breaking up or that things were no longer looking promising if it was a couple that had never gotten to the stage of an official relationship but had gone on enough dates to no longer be "single".

At any rate some recent events in my life have suddenly made the definition of this important so I'd appreciate any wisdom you guys could share on this facebook lingo.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

To my understanding, it's usually used when a couple is not "official" yet or, like you, said, having a rough patch/are close to breaking up. I personally don't see the point of it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If I were to have a proper facebook page, mine would say 'it's complicated'. This is because currently my girl and I are long distance. When we were together (in the same country) we were in a relationship, and she was my girlfriend. Currently, away from each other, I call her 'my girl'. It's a coping mechanism. That's it, simplified, but for an even more shorthand-ed way I say 'it's complicated'.

But in other ways it could just mean the relationship isn't serious, or is open.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I always think of it as a love triangle.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

According to the fount of knowledge known as Urban Dictionary:

One of the options for "Relationship Status" on Facebook. Refers to a couple in an ambiguous state between "friends" and "in a relationship". May also be used to indicate dissatisfaction with an existing relationship.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote  

Ok, I've got a noob question for Facebook. When I do the @ in order to mention other people, they don't always show up. Is this because they are personal vs pages?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote  

Well thanks guys for the responses. I guess I'll just have to play this out and see which definition she was using when she said "its complicated."

Also sorry for being so non-specific on the exact context, I'm in the club of "don't tempt fate by saying too much" when it comes to things like this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First: no problem. Second; don't worry about it Smile .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Does anyone have the new Facebook timeline?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:08 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dancelittleewok wrote:
Does anyone have the new Facebook timeline?

I do

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

The timeline? The thingy in the upper right hand corner?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
The timeline? The thingy in the upper right hand corner?

No, it's a HUGE change. And it's amaaaaaazing.

If you don't have it yet, just go to http://www.facebook.com/timeline and you can try it out for 7 days. But after December 22, it goes live and you'll have it whether you like it or note. I really love it, though. It's a fantastic redesign - which is saying something, since I usually dislike new Facebook updates.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, I see. It's so....cluttered. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 6 of 10