Log in to check your private messages
Avatar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

FatalFist wrote:


I\d want an animated story about the present time.
An Animated series on The Legacy Of The Force... Very Happy
The Force Unleashed doesnt hav an amazing kickbutt storyline though
StarWars The Old Republic though...now that had a reaaaaly nice climax...



Agreed. But I wouldn't want GL doing it. I'd rather someone who LIKED the SWEU that's out there and stick close to it. GL would just start over as he went.


I don't think I could handle that.....
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5144
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Granted, this is Lucas' universe, but if he wanted complete control over it, he shouldn't have given permission for the EU to begin with. Confused
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  FatalFist
Knight
Knight

Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 431
Location: Paksitan-LAhore

haha..Wud be the classic problem wid Mangas...
The Comics and the Animated series based on the comics hav ENTIRELY differnt endings!!!!!!...This happens a LOT!!....mannn I just wont be able to like SW-EU anymore if that happens here Confused

Btw...wat are the chances that we get an animated series based on the EU...
Seriously Im Sick of the Clone Wars...I KNOW wats gonna happen anyways
Atleast the animated series cud be fresh...and instead of reading the latest book we'll be watching them Very Happy
The Chances pretty much depend on the =quantaty of DieHard EU Fans=
_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

 PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  SwordoftheJedi
Master
Master

Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 813
Location: Trying to dodge Javis Tyrr's holocams...

One of my friends told me that in their english class, the teacher was talking about the Force and how there really is a Jedi relegion. My first thought was: why dont i get to learn this?!?!? But then she went on to say that because of Star Wars, the whole class is going on a field trip to see Avatar. Excuse me?!?!?! what is the world coming to?!?!?!
_________________
"How's that for a system malfunction?" -Jaina Solo
"Embrace the pain, Scarhead."-Jaina Solo



View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5144
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
One of my friends told me that in their english class, the teacher was talking about the Force and how there really is a Jedi relegion. My first thought was: why dont i get to learn this?!?!? But then she went on to say that because of Star Wars, the whole class is going on a field trip to see Avatar. Excuse me?!?!?! what is the world coming to?!?!?!


I can't decide if I should be outraged at the suggestion that SW and Avatar are related, or jealous of that field trip to the movies. Confused
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Old Master Ben
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 2259
Location: Georgia

Avatar and Star Wars are not related in anyway, besides the fact that they both made money. In that case, Shrek and Star Wars would be similar.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

 PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Old Master Ben wrote:
Avatar and Star Wars are not related in anyway, besides the fact that they both made money. In that case, Shrek and Star Wars would be similar.


I saw many ways the two felt alike. Pandora totally could have been Zonoma Sekot. I was going to even blog about it the night I came home but became distracted. Laughing
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Jedi Joe
Master
Master

Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 1524

They definitely aren't related, but I think a Sequel Trilogy with that 3D tech Avatar used would be smoking hot.
_________________


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote  
Message
  Old Master Ben
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 2259
Location: Georgia

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:
Avatar and Star Wars are not related in anyway, besides the fact that they both made money. In that case, Shrek and Star Wars would be similar.


I saw many ways the two felt alike. Pandora totally could have been Zonoma Sekot. I was going to even blog about it the night I came home but became distracted. Laughing


As far as being a cultural phenomenon and movie game changer though. Avatar will not be amazing and referenced in pop culture in 30 years. And studios are not going to write billion dollar checks to anyone who wants to make a film with this tech. Star Wars changed film making. Not only in tech, but it made people want to make films. This isn't something that everyone who wants to make a film will be given the opportunity to do, and therefore your odds of a great movie using this tech will be lower. Many great films are low-budget, or at least not on this level.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

 PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Reepicheep
Master
Master

Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 6774
Location: Sailing into the unknown

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
SwordoftheJedi wrote:
One of my friends told me that in their english class, the teacher was talking about the Force and how there really is a Jedi relegion. My first thought was: why dont i get to learn this?!?!? But then she went on to say that because of Star Wars, the whole class is going on a field trip to see Avatar. Excuse me?!?!?! what is the world coming to?!?!?!


I can't decide if I should be outraged at the suggestion that SW and Avatar are related, or jealous of that field trip to the movies. Confused

I don't know. It would depend on the movie. Learning through stories is actually a good way of learning certain things.
_________________

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website

 PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote  
Message
  illogicalRogue2
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 01 Sep 2009
Posts: 2854
Location: ....last know presence was near the Tingel Arm..

Old Master Ben wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:
Avatar and Star Wars are not related in anyway, besides the fact that they both made money. In that case, Shrek and Star Wars would be similar.


I saw many ways the two felt alike. Pandora totally could have been Zonoma Sekot. I was going to even blog about it the night I came home but became distracted. Laughing


As far as being a cultural phenomenon and movie game changer though. Avatar will not be amazing and referenced in pop culture in 30 years. And studios are not going to write billion dollar checks to anyone who wants to make a film with this tech. Star Wars changed film making. Not only in tech, but it made people want to make films. This isn't something that everyone who wants to make a film will be given the opportunity to do, and therefore your odds of a great movie using this tech will be lower. Many great films are low-budget, or at least not on this level.


Ahh- I mean less the "filming" then the in universe feel-= Avatr to me felt very much like Sekot. The way the plants lite up at night is totally how I envision the lichen on the Vong ship walls would work. The way the "soul tree"'s seed stuck to the one guy reminded me of the scene in Rogue planet with Anakin. The battles felt like the ewok under tech verses the empire high tech.

But for me the whole film was a mad grab of plots and ideas from MANY films that worked in 3D- I don't feel this will at all hold over time- In fact I watched it only for the 3D- normally I wouldn't even have bothered. I'd have waited for it on DVD.

But the main battle made me think- "man if they only replaced the ewoks!" The way the film used CG characters and live action made me wonder how easy it would be to apply to remaking the OT in 3D- we've heard rumors since what 96? Not that I buy them- but now it seems like the tech makes it easier to mesh then ever.

I'd love to see classic IV with scenes of Obi-wan and Luke sparring along their journey to Mos Eisley, and in the Falcon. They could do more with Obi-wan and Vader's battle on the DS. There are plenty of things that could bring the OT to the same caliber as the PT's when it comes to the saber fights and the space battles (though RotJ doesn't need much Wink )

But I totally could see Pandora fitting in the SW galaxy somewhere at some time. I could see an infinites now Laughing
_________________

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

 PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote  
Message
  FatalFist
Knight
Knight

Joined: 06 Sep 2008
Posts: 431
Location: Paksitan-LAhore

As far as being a cultural phenomenon and movie game changer though. Avatar will not be amazing and referenced in pop culture in 30 years. And studios are not going to write billion dollar checks to anyone who wants to make a film with this tech. Star Wars changed film making. Not only in tech, but it made people want to make films. This isn't something that everyone who wants to make a film will be given the opportunity to do, and therefore your odds of a great movie using this tech will be lower. Many great films are low-budget, or at least not on this level.[/quote]

yea^^ this makes sense.....cuz i really cant think of anyother way SW and Avatar are related to eachother Smile
_________________


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

 PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Old Master Ben
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: 10 Nov 2007
Posts: 2259
Location: Georgia

If they did a CG version of Alec Guinness, I would quit Star Wars. Shocked


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

 PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Queen Padmè Skywalker
Master
Master

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 5144
Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Old Master Ben wrote:
If they did a CG version of Alec Guinness, I would quit Star Wars. Shocked


Amen, the OT should be left how it is.
_________________
All things die, Anakin Skywalker, even stars burn out.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.



Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.


View user's profile Send private message

 PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Message
  Jedi Joe
Master
Master

Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 1524

Old Master Ben wrote:
If they did a CG version of Alec Guinness, I would quit Star Wars. Shocked


I agree, but I would love to see a total re-master of all the battles. I could totally see the battle over Endor looking like the battle over Coruscant in Episode III.
_________________


View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 3
All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Display posts from previous:

  

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights 2 by Scott Stubblefield