Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

FatalFist wrote:

I\d want an animated story about the present time.
An Animated series on The Legacy Of The Force... Very Happy
The Force Unleashed doesnt hav an amazing kickbutt storyline though
StarWars The Old Republic though...now that had a reaaaaly nice climax...

Agreed. But I wouldn't want GL doing it. I'd rather someone who LIKED the SWEU that's out there and stick close to it. GL would just start over as he went.

I don't think I could handle that.....

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Granted, this is Lucas' universe, but if he wanted complete control over it, he shouldn't have given permission for the EU to begin with. Confused

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha..Wud be the classic problem wid Mangas...
The Comics and the Animated series based on the comics hav ENTIRELY differnt endings!!!!!!...This happens a LOT!!....mannn I just wont be able to like SW-EU anymore if that happens here Confused

Btw...wat are the chances that we get an animated series based on the EU...
Seriously Im Sick of the Clone Wars...I KNOW wats gonna happen anyways
Atleast the animated series cud be fresh...and instead of reading the latest book we'll be watching them Very Happy
The Chances pretty much depend on the =quantaty of DieHard EU Fans=

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

One of my friends told me that in their english class, the teacher was talking about the Force and how there really is a Jedi relegion. My first thought was: why dont i get to learn this?!?!? But then she went on to say that because of Star Wars, the whole class is going on a field trip to see Avatar. Excuse me?!?!?! what is the world coming to?!?!?!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

SwordoftheJedi wrote:
One of my friends told me that in their english class, the teacher was talking about the Force and how there really is a Jedi relegion. My first thought was: why dont i get to learn this?!?!? But then she went on to say that because of Star Wars, the whole class is going on a field trip to see Avatar. Excuse me?!?!?! what is the world coming to?!?!?!

I can't decide if I should be outraged at the suggestion that SW and Avatar are related, or jealous of that field trip to the movies. Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Avatar and Star Wars are not related in anyway, besides the fact that they both made money. In that case, Shrek and Star Wars would be similar.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
Avatar and Star Wars are not related in anyway, besides the fact that they both made money. In that case, Shrek and Star Wars would be similar.

I saw many ways the two felt alike. Pandora totally could have been Zonoma Sekot. I was going to even blog about it the night I came home but became distracted. Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They definitely aren't related, but I think a Sequel Trilogy with that 3D tech Avatar used would be smoking hot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:

I saw many ways the two felt alike. Pandora totally could have been Zonoma Sekot. I was going to even blog about it the night I came home but became distracted. Laughing

As far as being a cultural phenomenon and movie game changer though. Avatar will not be amazing and referenced in pop culture in 30 years. And studios are not going to write billion dollar checks to anyone who wants to make a film with this tech. Star Wars changed film making. Not only in tech, but it made people want to make films. This isn't something that everyone who wants to make a film will be given the opportunity to do, and therefore your odds of a great movie using this tech will be lower. Many great films are low-budget, or at least not on this level.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
SwordoftheJedi wrote:

I can't decide if I should be outraged at the suggestion that SW and Avatar are related, or jealous of that field trip to the movies. Confused

I don't know. It would depend on the movie. Learning through stories is actually a good way of learning certain things.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:

As far as being a cultural phenomenon and movie game changer though. Avatar will not be amazing and referenced in pop culture in 30 years. And studios are not going to write billion dollar checks to anyone who wants to make a film with this tech. Star Wars changed film making. Not only in tech, but it made people want to make films. This isn't something that everyone who wants to make a film will be given the opportunity to do, and therefore your odds of a great movie using this tech will be lower. Many great films are low-budget, or at least not on this level.

Ahh- I mean less the "filming" then the in universe feel-= Avatr to me felt very much like Sekot. The way the plants lite up at night is totally how I envision the lichen on the Vong ship walls would work. The way the "soul tree"'s seed stuck to the one guy reminded me of the scene in Rogue planet with Anakin. The battles felt like the ewok under tech verses the empire high tech.

But for me the whole film was a mad grab of plots and ideas from MANY films that worked in 3D- I don't feel this will at all hold over time- In fact I watched it only for the 3D- normally I wouldn't even have bothered. I'd have waited for it on DVD.

But the main battle made me think- "man if they only replaced the ewoks!" The way the film used CG characters and live action made me wonder how easy it would be to apply to remaking the OT in 3D- we've heard rumors since what 96? Not that I buy them- but now it seems like the tech makes it easier to mesh then ever.

I'd love to see classic IV with scenes of Obi-wan and Luke sparring along their journey to Mos Eisley, and in the Falcon. They could do more with Obi-wan and Vader's battle on the DS. There are plenty of things that could bring the OT to the same caliber as the PT's when it comes to the saber fights and the space battles (though RotJ doesn't need much Wink )

But I totally could see Pandora fitting in the SW galaxy somewhere at some time. I could see an infinites now Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

As far as being a cultural phenomenon and movie game changer though. Avatar will not be amazing and referenced in pop culture in 30 years. And studios are not going to write billion dollar checks to anyone who wants to make a film with this tech. Star Wars changed film making. Not only in tech, but it made people want to make films. This isn't something that everyone who wants to make a film will be given the opportunity to do, and therefore your odds of a great movie using this tech will be lower. Many great films are low-budget, or at least not on this level.[/quote]

yea^^ this makes sense.....cuz i really cant think of anyother way SW and Avatar are related to eachother Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If they did a CG version of Alec Guinness, I would quit Star Wars. Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:

Amen, the OT should be left how it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:

I agree, but I would love to see a total re-master of all the battles. I could totally see the battle over Endor looking like the battle over Coruscant in Episode III.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 3