S2 - Episode 6: Weapons Factory
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S2 - Episode 6: Weapons Factory
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote  

Season 2 - Episode 6: Weapons Factory
Airs: November 13 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM Eastern, and Wednesday November 18 at 8:00 PM Central, 9:00 PM Eastern on Cartoon Network.

Summary: Luminara and Anakin act as decoys to divert new enemy super-tanks, while Padawans Barriss Offee and Ahsoka attempt to destroy a Separatist droid factory.

Featured Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Clone Captain Rex, Poggle the Lesser, TX-21

Featured Locations: Geonosis

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm excited about seeing Luminara coming back, she was probably my favourite Jedi from last season.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I know Ashoka will get the better stat but I'm excited to see Barriss too! More jedi! Though I would like more Jedi made for this show!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Bariss and Luminara! Two of the best female Jedi ever.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:04 am Reply with quote  

I'll be rooting for Poggle the Lesser. Laughing

Come on, it's a cool name AND he's an alien.

Odd to see a sentient being who can fly carry a cane though. Guess flying can be as tiresome and hard on the joints as walking in your later years.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
Bariss and Luminara! Two of the best female Jedi ever.

I was disappointed at how they played up Luminara's "coldness" regarding Barriss being gone.

But I did like how Barriss was the obvious "good Padawan"

I thought the action was good, but cut short. The new tanks were a cool addition though.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I only caught the first ten minutes, but I was extremely annoyed by Anakin and Ahsoka. Why on earth is the kid giving the briefing? And why is she permitted to argue back as if she was on equal footing with him? I understand that Anakin is a little lax about rules, but come on, Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I only caught the first ten minutes, but I was extremely annoyed by Anakin and Ahsoka. Why on earth is the kid giving the briefing? And why is she permitted to argue back as if she was on equal footing with him? I understand that Anakin is a little lax about rules, but come on, Rolling Eyes

As a Padawan she does have the rank of Commander in the GFFA, and thus she would give briefings to the Clones. The biggest mistake the show makes is showing Jedi Masters giving briefings all the time, because in reality Knights and Padawans should be giving the briefings in place of the Generals, that's how chain of command works.

I don't really care about the arguing, they've always been like that, and Anakin was overstepping his bounds by constantly interrupting Ahsoka, both from a friend point and from the standpoint of how that affects her image in front of the troops.

As far as the episode was concerned, I liked it. There were a few rough moments where they did what I didn't want them to do and played up Ahsoka as the smart Padawan and Barriss as the lesser padawan a bit too much. I mean seriously, Barriss is like five-six years older than Ahsoka and will be a Knight in less than a year, whereas Ahsoka is at least five years away from being a Knight, there's no way she should be on equal footing with someone like Barriss.

Back to the episode though, I thought it was good, although I am getting pissed at the time changes CN is making. If it hadn't of been for a Leland Chee tweet I never would have known about last week's special showing or this week's time change. Pick a time and stick with it CN, all this moving around is not nice, or necessary.

Bill's TV Emporium

The Domain Of Nihilus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:

As a Padawan she does have the rank of Commander in the GFFA, and thus she would give briefings to the Clones.

That sentence is SO misleading Laughing Shouldn't it be:

"As a Padawan she does have the rank of Commander in the GAR , and thus she would give briefings to the Clones"

(I'm asuming you meant in a Galaxy Far Far Away- not the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances for the GFFA still is what 40+ years from now Wink)

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:

As a Padawan she does have the rank of Commander in the GFFA, and thus she would give briefings to the Clones. The biggest mistake the show makes is showing Jedi Masters giving briefings all the time, because in reality Knights and Padawans should be giving the briefings in place of the Generals, that's how chain of command works.

Yeah I saw it more a sign Anakin couldn't let go being a Padawan in that instance, he enjoyed being a solider too much- like Jusik in that way.

Bill Thompson wrote:

I don't really care about the arguing, they've always been like that, and Anakin was overstepping his bounds by constantly interrupting Ahsoka, both from a friend point and from the standpoint of how that affects her image in front of the troops.

Yeah it almost looked like he was doing it to get a rise from the boys. And then he practically tells her she sucks. Which since she's a reflection of his training doesn't say much for Anakin's training skills- something Luke must have gotten from his Mother Wink

Bill Thompson wrote:

As far as the episode was concerned, I liked it. There were a few rough moments where they did what I didn't want them to do and played up Ahsoka as the smart Padawan and Barriss as the lesser padawan a bit too much. I mean seriously, Barriss is like five-six years older than Ahsoka and will be a Knight in less than a year, whereas Ahsoka is at least five years away from being a Knight, there's no way she should be on equal footing with someone like Barriss.

Yeah I think we all knew Barriss was going to "take a few hits" at the expense of making Ahsoka look better. Yeah IMO Barriss would have had MULTIPLE plans.

Bill Thompson wrote:

Back to the episode though, I thought it was good, although I am getting pissed at the time changes CN is making. If it hadn't of been for a Leland Chee tweet I never would have known about last week's special showing or this week's time change. Pick a time and stick with it CN, all this moving around is not nice, or necessary.

Yeah and isn't it moving to Mondays soon? They'll screw up and lose people's interest in watching it on TV. They'll go online or wait for DVD.

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Bill Thompson wrote:

necessary.

But that's kind of my point. He's her Master, not her friend. Yeah, interrupting her was annoying, but I still think the way she talked back was a little over-the-top.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:

necessary.

But that's kind of my point. He's her Master, not her friend. Yeah, interrupting her was annoying, but I still think the way she talked back was a little over-the-top.

Hasn't all of GL's works been "just a little" over the top? Wink

And we keep coming back for more! Even after he gives us Jar Jar we forgive him cause he gave us Maul. GL mixing genius with insanity since 1977 Laughing

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Bill Thompson wrote:

necessary.

Obi-Wan was Anakin's master, and they were great friends. Brothers. Until Obi-Wan cut off Anakin's limbs. Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:

Obi-Wan was Anakin's master, and they were great friends. Brothers. Until Obi-Wan cut off Anakin's limbs. Razz

Well played Sir!

Very true indeed.

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They were friends and brothers after Anakin reached Knighthood. When he was a Padawan, their relationship was much different. Watch AotC. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 2