S2 - Episode 12: The Mandalore Plot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I wouldn't say that's true.
Check out this quote:

Filoni: It's always a little bit of both. Again, I'm very fortunate to have George there guiding the whole thing, so it's not like I'm sitting there making this up, saying this is what Dave Filoni thinks it should be. This is definitely what George Lucas thinks it should be, and I take all the appropriate information to him that's out there in the EU, and I say, "We should look at this, just so you're aware of it because we might contradict this if we do this." So we try to factor a lot of things in, but it can't restrict us from making the most complete vision of what he wanted possible. It's fun. Fans always react to everything we do differently. The Mandalorians are but one example of many, many different things that can be very micro or seem small to some people, but they're actually large. Just even the color of lightsaber blades. I treat all that stuff with respect, and I think we make a pretty good show at the end of the day.

Although Filoni could be doing more to protect the EU, George Lucas is to blame on this one.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
I don't know. A Jedi and a Mando are about equal fighters in my eyes so two Mandos should be able to beat one Jedi..

Yeah, maybe. I probably wouldn't have minded if the Mandos had looked competent. But the way they staged it just made Obi-Wan look pathetic.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:39 am Reply with quote  

You also have to remember that Obi-Wan already fought Jango and did pretty good, and that was a one on one fight with supposedly 'the best.' (if he wasn't the best, then why did the Sith choose him as the clone template?) So if two of these Death Watch guys could pwn Obi-Wan so easily, then they must be pretty good, definitely worthy of names.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
You also have to remember that Obi-Wan already fought Jando and did pretty good,

But remember that Jango isn't a Mando anymore...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote  

I don't know...Jango was in the movies, that ups his canon over the tv show.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I don't know...Jango was in the movies, that ups his canon over the tv show.

But he was merely a bounty hunter, how he got the Mando armor is beyond the prime minister... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Okay, I saw it.
First of, being completely open-minded, it was a decent episode- not great, but not that bad either. And I actually liked Satine.
Now I'll be close-minded, because I feel that is where my heart belongs. The Mandos were butchered in this episode. I've always been one to give The Clone Wars the benefit of the doubt, but I see was mistaken (at least about the Mandos). I hoped the New Mandalorians would be a seperate group on a seperate planet. That way they could have their whole pacifist thing going on and, although it would still seem odd, I wouldn't have a problem with it. The Mandalorian culture was completely unrecognizable. Instead of living a simple life of farming, extreme violence and profound love they're a highly-advanced, cultured mini-Couruscanti. The people just seemed wrong, I couldn't imagine Baltan Carid or Mirta Gev being part of their race. And who else flinced at the line, "No Mandalorian would engage in such violence." I don't know how the heck Del Rey is going to retcon all this, but I say all power to them. No please pardon me while I go throw up.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Reepicheep wrote:
And who else flinced at the line, "No Mandalorian would engage in such violence.".

*raises hand, jumps up and down* Ooooh, me! Me! I did! Wink Seriously, it was like they were deliberately giving a dirty gesture to Traviss, Del Rey, and the EU in general. Not cool. Sad

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

More complaints:
I wasn't so much annoyed at how Obi-wan went down easy as how easy the Mandos went down. Sad Obi-Wan was taking them down like they were little better than Battle Droids. I mean, he punched one guy in his faceplate and he was down. Even if the helmet wasn't made of Beskar, it stiil would've hurt Obi-Wan more thanit hurt the Mando. The Death Watch was too slimey (although they really reminded me of the way Troy Denning writes them) and the New Mandalorians were too self-righteous to even be called Mandalorians.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote  

I love how the Jedi can punch droids and armored individuals as if there was nothing wrong with the idea. Must be special Force punches. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So I'm convinced- "don't get hung up on it" is my new weapon against GL's continuity changing changes.

I'm applying his movie making single-mindedness to my SWEU. Next time GL messes up continuity I'm simply going to "not get hung up" a retcon will come.

A show was made
a continuity battle erupt
damage was done
innocents were injured
but fear not
a retcon will come

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
So I'm convinced- "don't get hung up on it" is my new weapon against GL's continuity changing changes.

That's been my attitude since the beginning, because I was never bothered by the 'changes', but now... Mad

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote  

Finally got around to watching the beginning of the episode I missed. One thing stood out though, why are all the Mandalorians blond haired? Are they suppose to be some kind of Arian race? It had that creepy feel to it.

Beyond that, if I separate myself from canon, it wasn't a bad episode and the cube city was neat. But when I look at it within the realms of canon, none of it makes sense. Why throw the wrench into the gears? I can't see any reason for it. There isn't any big pay off for throwing the Mandos into the series as these pacifist cube city people with a Death Watch splinter cell.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought the Mandos were supposed to be mixed. Anyone who wanted to join could.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Reepicheep wrote:
I thought the Mandos were supposed to be mixed. Anyone who wanted to join could.

They can, but THESE PACIFISTS are not THOSE Mandalorians Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 4 of 5