There are currently no moderator positions available. Leave your application and we will review it if the position ever comes open.
Every forum needs peacekeepers. The EUCantina Moderators help keep the forums clean, redundant free, and try to make sure there is an absence of troublemakers. Here are a few answered questions about becoming a moderator here:
What are the requirements of becoming a EUCantina Moderator?
There are a few,and they are meant for people who are serious about helping out our community, allowing it to grow and prosper.
1. Be on the boards frequently. We need helpful, devoted and knowledgeable mods here.
2. Help new members and greet them. The "Spaceport" is a great place to help new members and greet them.
3. Know the rules. This includes the Shoutbox rules and the general board rules. To be able to guide troublemakers is the main job for moderators.
4. Redirect threads, and members, properly. If you see a member or thread in the wrong forum, use your best judgment and redirect them to the correct one. That is also a HUGE help to the forum moderators. Be sure to be kind about it, and not just simply say, "Oh, your thread isn't suppose to be here. It will be locked soon." It's not helpful, it's rude. Provide a link and a little reason, and let us know about it by contacting a forum moderator or administrator by PM so we can take the appropriate action. If you aren't sure about redirecting, simply alert a moderator or administrator and they will deal with it.
5. You must be 14 years of age or older. By U.S law, we can't promote anyone younger then 13 to the EUCantina. However, you must be at least 14 years old to be eligible to become a mod.
If you are a member that does all of this and beyond we will consider making you a mod quickly. This includes openly following the rules and being an example to others.
How will we know if an Administrator chooses us to become a moderator?
When candidates are chosen, Old Master Ben (or another administrator) will e-mail them stating the terms of becoming a moderator, what you need to know, and asking if you will accept. However, if we don't receive an e-mail back within 5 days, we will assume you weren't interested in becoming a moderator. The e-mail will be from the the site (email@example.com), and it will be titled, "We Have Chosen."
If I've been temporary banned, will I have a chance in becoming a moderator?
Yep. If you can show us that you've change and matured and then apply you will be considered.
How are new moderators chosen?
The administrators go through a list that a moderator makes, cuts people, and then chooses the new moderators. It's not a vote, and it's not open to the public.
How do moderators "end" their terms?
Two ways. They can ask to resign or, if they are inactive and can no longer serve their role to help the site. In either case, they simply revert to being regular members again.
What thread do you apply in?
This one. Please fill out these questions when you do:
What time would you be able to moderate? (Your time zone):
Forum of the EUCantina you are interested in moderating (i.e. Electronic Games):
Your website (if applicable):
Any previous mod experience (if applicable):
The responses will be edited, and all applications will be saved. Thanks!