Strengths + Weaknesses

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strengths + Weaknesses
 PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The age-old question: what is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness. Here's mine.
Strength: Resistance to peer-pressure. I don't do anything just to please someone or that it's the cool thing to do.
Weakness: Letting go of the past. Yeah, I'm a pretty nostalgic person and I can have a big problem with getting over things lost to the past. That's one of the reasons I like Anakin so much.

How about you guys?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am Reply with quote  

My Greatest Strength: Imagination

My Greatest Weakness: Communication (talking with people)

My imagination brings me happiness and I love to indulge it. Picking a weakness is a bit harder, though I think the one that is dominate is by inability to carry a conversation. I'm terrible at starting conversations and just as bad at keeping them going. I don't have the gift for gab. However, there are times where a conversation goes upon something and the words just magically appear, so sometimes I can carry on a conversation. I guess it's a matter of turning the talk to something I know about and not just some off the wall meaningless, time killing, jibber jabber. So yeah, I'd have to say talking with people is my greatest weakness.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I know how you feel, Darth Skuldren. Wink Depending on who I'm talking with, I can talk just fine, but other times I can't. Talking with a purpose does help, for sure.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Interesting ^^

My strength: imagination
My weakness: perfection

I'm wanting to be artist/actress
I always have ideas, that is useful. but no time to do all I want.
may be as result of my weakness, that always has to be perfect. Everything. Everytime.
It's bad for me. I can make myself ill sometimes. To my writings and drawings and schoolwork, I'll spend hours on final details then feel sad that I have no time to relax.

Quote:
I know how you feel, Darth Skuldren. Depending on who I'm talking with, I can talk just fine, but other times I can't. Talking with a purpose does help, for sure.

me too. there is some type of person, like you have common interest, that is easy to talking to. I find it hard to talk to a stranger, harder if my senior.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:16 pm Reply with quote  

Acting is awesome. I always did like the Drama classes I took and the school play I was in. It was fun. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm taking drama at school starting tomorrow, actually. The only acting I've ever done before is as a Christmas pageant background (if that counts) and a town herald at a library play with a few lines at the beginning. Those were both years and years ago so it should be interesting.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Trust. A strength and weakness I suppose. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and have been burned many times by it.

Yet I also view it as a plus. My wife doesn't trust anyone, and I think a side effect is it has shut her off to many people unnecessarily. Thus I have better relationships with more people, yet she has MUCH more social grace than I do. She's better at meeting people, but quickly turns skeptical. I am much more shy/reserved, but once I know someone I sustain the relationship longer than she will.

It does make us a good couple though. She establishes more connections, and I keep them going more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1