Mass Effect 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mass Effect 2
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:22 pm Reply with quote  

So, has anyone else plunged into this game yet? Personally, I'm addicted to it Very Happy A big improvement from the first installment, and I liked the first one. I love the new range of freedom this one has and the depth of the character relationships. It's neat just to get lost in that world and to socialize with all the characters, interrogating them for details and exploring to see just what you can do with them. I'm really digging it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No. Video games aren't really my thing, but I've thought about reading the novel because I've heard the story is good.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm Reply with quote  

Yeah, once I finish the game and finish reading Crosscurrent, I plan on diving into the Mass Effect novel(s).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How many are there? Are they just about the storylines from the videgames or are there spin-offs as well?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote  

I don't know. I know there's at least one, and I've heard very good things about it. I'll have to investigate some. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

IT IS KRIFFING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
its just sooo much fun...i luv the combat just like Gears Of War only slower and leaning towards accuracy rather then adrenaline pumping action...both work for me. The Cover system is nice...and the spots wher u get into combat is fun...cuz u sometimes get routes to flank the enemy=)

Plus....Miranda is SUPER-hot Very Happy

I just luv taking out the sniper and taking out them bad guys frm far off!!!
PLus Bioware ALWAYS manages to give us a gud story...WAY better then the original...
Hats of to Bioware...another AMAZING game....BIOWARE FTW!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am so addicted to this game, I just can't stop playing it!!! Plus Miranda is so hot! Anyway the gameplay is amazing and I love the storyline.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

did u play on console or PC???
Cuz i prefer Pc...but sadly my saved file was on my xbox..cuz they released MassEffect on console before porting it to Pc=(

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm playing console version, I like it not too many glitches, the storyline is just simply amazing in this game.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I always prefer playing on console. The only PC one I got was KOTOR 2, cause I picked it up for like 2 pounds, lol, but I left it after not too long. I had it anyway, as well as all the other games for my 360, it's just much more streamlined and easier on the console.
I only bought Mass Effect 1 like 4 months ago, Though it was fun, I had to leave it halfway through cause of time constraints. Looking forward to finishing it though and picking up no. 2, especially with all the good things I'm hearing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote  

I'm playing on the Xbox 360. I've beat it once, so I can say that the storyline and character interaction is indeed top notch. I ended up choosing Tali as my romantic interest because I always liked her from the first game.

I think I'm going to try playing as a biotic now. Though I can't quite bring myself to play as a renegade.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

haha i luv how tali curses...bosh'tek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I adore this game. I played the first one in '07 and thought it was amazing but it was something I wasn't too excited about. Leading up to ME 2's launch, I wasn't even that excited. I was planning on going to the store and buying the regular version the day it came out, but I changed my mind quickly; a few days before its release it was getting 9s, 9.5, and other great scores so I wanted to more; having talked to Drew Karpyshyn, I know how deep this universe is and the stories within it are, and so I got the collector's edition.

It has been amazing. I beat the game once, losing only Thane, for a reason unknown to me, during the suicide mission and keeping my love interest as Ashley Williams (I plan on playing it a second time and getting Miranda.) The game felt a lot like Knights of the Old Republic II to me, in a good way; it was a lot darker, it separated your team, and you even had a loyalty system, much like Kotor II's influence system. Overall, the gameplay was great-- cover is much, much smoother than in the first and controls are easy and smooth; the story and its major twist is fantastic and I look forward to ME 3 and reading the books.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:45 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What differences are there between the regular edition and the collector's edition?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nothing in terms of story or gameplay, but collector's has a special edition case, comic, DVD, and armor/rifle.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2