Taking a Step Back
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I still can't believe they made those cones the females ears....just plain weird.

I've decided to stop pondering it. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I still can't believe they made those cones the females ears....just plain weird.

I've decided to stop pondering it. Wink

WHAT?!?!?!?! Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

They've beaten the Ponder out of Padme!

We've lost another one!

*Decides he's had enough*

Not on MY Watch!

*busts out the AED*

Everyone stand back- CLEAR

*BzzzzzEpppeep

Come back Padme! Turn away from the light!

You were wrong there is no good in him- no come back and ponder that! Please! Don't go!

Drat.........

*ponders - will this thread start picking EUCers off at random?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Laughing Laughing

*gasps, sputters* I'm ALIVE!!!! I will NOT be losing the will to live today! I'm ready to debate Twi'lek ears/cones all night, if need be! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:54 am Reply with quote  

Typically when people say "the books are better than the movies" it is in a situation where the book came out before the movie. In the case with Star Wars, the movie inspired the books. So that's a little different. They're different stories. And in this case specifically, it's not even a movie, but a cartoon show. How many people will say a cartoon show is better than the book?

Regardless, I'm wondering what GL's aim is with these pacifist Mandos. Is he trying to make Boba Fett that much cooler by making him the only non-pacifist Mandalorian? Or is it just a whim?

I think the funny thing is, if this stuff gets carried away, they'll have to write another Boba Fett retcon novel. Rolling Eyes

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

And then Karen Traviss will just happen to drop by and say, "Hey guys, so, a Boba Fett retcon novel, huh? I don't think anyone will remember, but I just happened to be working on one before you crazy fools made me cancel it...I'm ready to hear your apologies now."
Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Typically when people say "the books are better than the movies" it is in a situation where the book came out before the movie. In the case with Star Wars, the movie inspired the books. So that's a little different. They're different stories. And in this case specifically, it's not even a movie, but a cartoon show. How many people will say a cartoon show is better than the book?

Regardless, I'm wondering what GL's aim is with these pacifist Mandos. Is he trying to make Boba Fett that much cooler by making him the only non-pacifist Mandalorian? Or is it just a whim?

I think the funny thing is, if this stuff gets carried away, they'll have to write another Boba Fett retcon novel. Rolling Eyes

I agree that the whole "book better than the movie thing" doesn't really apply here, because we are mostly talking about books that expand upon the movies.

With one exception, the episode III novel is awesome. I won't say better than the movie(because also was awesome, I rank it behind only ANH and ESB). And I understand all the little emotional and point of view ideas in the novel couldn't really be played out in the movie.

At this point I say I prefer the books, but that probably also has to do with how many times I've seen the movies. I'm 38 years old, so I've seen the OT flicks so many times I couldn't even possibly guess. With the books, at most I've re-read less than half of them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Flyboy wrote:
And then Karen Traviss will just happen to drop by and say, "Hey guys, so, a Boba Fett retcon novel, huh? I don't think anyone will remember, but I just happened to be working on one before you crazy fools made me cancel it...I'm ready to hear your apologies now."
Smile

Laughing
The Ryloth thing was pointless, I agree, but I'm not pulling my hair out over it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:

For the record the Ep 3 book was out before the movie Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
For the record the Ep 3 book was out before the movie Laughing

This is true. I remember because it was calling to me, but I refused to touch it until I'd seen the movie. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 am Reply with quote  

To all the above, I'm sorry. When I say Star Wars, the prequels never come to mind Laughing

But yeah, that Episode III book totally rocked.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
To all the above, I'm sorry. When I say Star Wars, the prequels never come to mind Laughing

But yeah, that Episode III book totally rocked.

Hear that!

-
-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 2 of 2