TOR Book 2: Deceived by Paul S. Kemp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
They've kept that under wraps pretty well and its making me curious. Kemp is the author that gets me excited these days since Stover has been absent for awhile, so I guess I'll just brace myself for whatever. But I hope Malgus is involved, with The Old Republic stuff kind of dancing around the game and expecting you to know the plot of the MMO it'd be nice to get more character focus for Darth Thanton or Malgus or Vitiate and such.

I still think its more likely that he follows up on the possible complications raised by the end of Crosscurrent, especially since they've said they're switching to shorter series post-FOTJ.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Since Karpyshyn is doing a TOR book with Malgus's apprentice, I really doubt if Kemp's duology is set in TOR.

I am really hoping it's some kind of follow up to Crosscurrent/Riptide.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote  

I don't think it's going to be a Crosscurrent followup or a TOR book. I think this will be something new.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Cerrinea wrote:
I am really hoping it's some kind of follow up to Crosscurrent/Riptide.

Skuldren wrote:
I think this will be something new.

I want a fusion. A book that's fresh, but still ties into previous eras. Paul S. Kemp has combined strengths of James Luceno and Matthew Stower, so I'm super excited to see how he tackles the SWEU next.

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I don't think it's going to be a Crosscurrent followup or a TOR book. I think this will be something new.

I'm in agreement with you here.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:

I agree. I think if it was one of those two options, Del Rey would just come out and say it. What's to hide? The fact that they're keeping it secret makes me curious.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Fri May 04, 2012 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

I agree. I think if it was one of those two options, Del Rey would just come out and say it. What's to hide? The fact that they're keeping it secredt makes me curious.

Not necessairily. If its set post-FOTJ they may have wanted to keep it quiet, especially if there's any hint in the titles or descriptions about major plot points.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That's what I mean. I don't think it will be a Riptide sequel or a TOR book. I think it could very well be a post-FotJ book.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

But a Riptide sequel could still be a post-FOTJ book. The timeline works.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, I get it! Embarassed

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Just finished reading this book. I loved it. It suprised me that the Jedi would betray Aryn. The Jedi were so blinded by what they wanted to believe that they could not see what was really in front of them.

Aryn was well written. I wasn't too suprised by what she did at the end. I was suprised that she did not go further down the 'dark path'.

Anyway, Malgus is so unlike any Sith that has appeared in the novels. I found myself feeling sorry for the guy at times. He is a well written, well rounded character. He does good on one hand, bad on the other. We can see the conflict that's going on within him.

I hope we see more of Malgus and his journey through the darkside.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Just finished this and I loved it. I'd go as far as to say its one of the best SW books I've ever read.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote  

Cool, glad you liked it. What are some of the top Star Wars books you would rank it with?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Cool, glad you liked it. What are some of the top Star Wars books you would rank it with?

Okay well ABY I'm up to Children of the Jedi and BBY I'm about to read my first PT era book (Plagueis)

That being said with my limited reading my fave books have been Stackpoles X-Wing novels, Knight Errant, I, Jedi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 4